Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tour de Trossachs, Sunday 4th October 2015 04 Oct 2015 21:15 #3436

• Katherine Wren
  • Thank you received: 8
Many thanks to those who came out and supported us today - we really appreciated your cheering.

Not my day, really. It was all going well till the mini-braes and then on the descent I hit a ramp and my chain jumped off. The next calamity was getting stuck behind a Lenzie cycling club run and an 8 car queue behind them for a mile and a half around Ruskie, just where the road is too twisty to see round corners! To finally add insult to injury, my time was a minute longer than on my own clock. Something wrong there, me thinks! Still, it wouldn't have changed my position and Ian Binning would still have beaten me by a minute :) so I'm not arguing!

Others faired better, with Christine Fischer taking 3rd lady on her first outing on her new TT bike with 1:28:10 and Beth Clayton just a minute behind her. Neil MacLeod also rode, clocking 1:23:36

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tour de Trossachs, Sunday 4th October 2015 03 Oct 2015 15:19 #3428

• David Lindsay
  • David Lindsay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That sounds like a great idea, Nigel. I'm sure all the SBC folk will appreciate a bit of support on the climb!

I think I have been a bit optimistic in signing up for this as I am still not completely over my latest cold/bug, so I'm not sure yet whether I'll take the start tomorrow. Good luck to everyone else racing though!

Tour de Trossachs, Sunday 4th October 2015 02 Oct 2015 19:40 #3422

• Nigel brooks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
not riding this year but will probs go amd watch anyone else going, meet up on hairpin above Aberfoyle, how about an SBC corner a la Alpe Huez

Tour de Trossachs, Sunday 4th October 2015 25 Sep 2015 13:43 #3364

• Katherine Wren
  • Thank you received: 8
I'm in! It's a great course.

Tour de Trossachs, Sunday 4th October 2015 25 Sep 2015 09:48 #3359

• David Lindsay
  • David Lindsay's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi all,

Entries are pretty low for the classic Tour de Trossachs TT this year - apparently there are fewer than 60 people signed up and entry closes this Sunday

www.britishcycling.org.uk/events/details/126862/Tour-de-Trossachs-28-5-mile-Mountain-Time-Trial-2015

(If the roadworks at Blairhoyle aren't gone by race day, they will divert the riders over the big braes instead of the mini-braes)

I might stick an entry in and just do it on my road bike, and ride out to the start and back for a good training day.

Dave

Last edit: by David Lindsay.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club