Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SBC INTERMEDIATE RIDE - Saturday 08 August

SBC INTERMEDIATE RIDE - Saturday 08 August 07 Aug 2015 09:53 #2900

• Catriona Denny
  • Thank you received: 17
Won't make it this week Martin. I'm minding my elderly mother till Saturday night then doing the Tour O' The Borders on Sunday. Hope you all have a good day

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SBC INTERMEDIATE RIDE - Saturday 08 August 07 Aug 2015 08:46 #2899

• ArchieJ
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Martin, the traffic has been increased on the Hillfoots road due to the Collylands Road closure. If you need to get a steady big group off the main drag and especially the Dollar Bends the cycle path from Alva to Tilly is fine and then Tilly to Dollar is all Tarmac too. You can either use this or either re-join the Fishcross road by turning right at the east end of Alva and left at the top, or up the Birkie Brae after Sterling Mills in Tilly to join at Coalsnaughton. (Watch out for Del Boy doing secret Reps on this one!)

Hope this helps.

SBC INTERMEDIATE RIDE - Saturday 08 August 06 Aug 2015 22:17 #2896

• Fraser Stewart
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Count me in.

SBC INTERMEDIATE RIDE - Saturday 08 August 06 Aug 2015 17:15 #2894

• Martin R Lees
  • Martin R Lees's Avatar Topic Author
  • Committee
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 6
SBC INTERMEDIATE RIDE - Saturday 08 August

I'm proposing the Intermediate Group Ride for this Saturday which is to head out eastward over Cliesh and Knockhill. Some hills and fast decents to occupy the mind and body!!!!

Weather forecast at the moment is looking pretty good for Saturday, at least it should be dry with a slight breeze.

Proposal is to head out eastward along Alloa Road and avoiding the roadworks to the east of the King O Muirs Road, turn left to Alva then right along the Hillfoots Road, on passed the Yetts, cutting across to Drum and on to, and up over, Cliesh returning via Knockhill to Powmill, left along the A977 then right to Vicars Bridge and back via the Hillfoots Road to a comfy seat in Corrieris for an espresso or two.

Just under 50 miles at an easy average of around 15mph.

Route : connect.garmin.com/course/10410654

Usual stuff, bring suitable clothing, something to eat and drink, your bike and yourself. As always, everyone welcome, no one gets left behind or dropped.

See you Saturday!!

'Never sacrifice style for speed' - David Millar
  • Page:
Designed by the Club