Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
03 Aug 2019
Only 1 week now to this year’s edition of the Dave J memorial ride. Extended welcome as always to members, family and friends. Please confirm interest via the following forum post.

www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/forum/general-chat/3331-dave-j-bbq-and-rides-24th-august-2019
  • Page:

TOPIC: Development ride Saturday 4/7/15 - CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER

Development ride Saturday 4/7/15 - CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER 04 Jul 2015 07:25 #2648

• Graeme Matheson
  • Thank you received: 9
Good shout Colin, there's no fun to be had riding in that downpour.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Development ride Saturday 4/7/15 - CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER 04 Jul 2015 06:42 #2647

• Colin Chisholm
  • Colin Chisholm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 66
Just spent a few hours watching the lightning and listening to the thunder and I believe the right thing to do is to cancel today's Development ride. Sorry about this, however the weather isn't forecast to improve until lunchtime (still pouring down here in falkirk :( ).

Riding on someone's wheel in a downpour is soul destroying

As Martin says sit back and enjoy the start of le Tour...

Colin.

Development ride Saturday 4/7/15 - CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER 03 Jul 2015 20:13 #2645

• Colin Chisholm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Tomorrows development ride 30 mile route can be viewed and downloaded from Garmin here

We're heading out from the Peak to Thornhill via back o the hill road, Chalmerston road and Coldoch road and back via Gartincaber and Chalmerston road to the Peak for coffee and cake because Corrieris is closed for 2 weeks summer holiday..

The weather is looking a little damp tomorrow so remember your rain jacket along with something to eat and drink for the ride and some money for your coffee and cake at the end.

The pace will be steady, between 13-14 mph with a chance to practice some group skills (spelling up, group shouts, pacing, etc.) on the way round.

If you're coming along for the first time please let someone know when you get to the Peak and we'll sort you out with a suitable group

Last edit: by Colin Chisholm.

Development ride Saturday 4/7/15 - CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER 03 Jul 2015 17:41 #2642

• Colin Chisholm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi folks, I'll be your ride leader for this Saturdays development ride of about 30 mikes at a steady pace of 13-14 mph.

I'll post up ride details a little later this evening once I get home from work.

Colin.

Last edit: by Colin Chisholm. Reason: Ride cancelled due to bad weather
  • Page:
Designed by the Club