Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: SBC Developement Group Saturday 20th June

SBC Developement Group Saturday 20th June 22 Jun 2015 19:59 #2468

• Ian Pearson
  • Ian Pearson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks to everyone who came on the Development Group ride on Saturday. It was a good group to lead, the weather was kind to us and we had almost no mechanicals.
I know some off you said that the pace was faster than usual, but everyone seemed to manage it and nobody was dropped off the back for long, which is a good to see in such a varied group. I got the impression from some of the shouts from myself to the front of the group to ease up, that some riders in the Developement Group now have the pace and distance in them to move to Intermediate or Middle groups. It would be an easy shift for many of you to make to the next level.
Remember that the Developement Group is not a short Intermediate level ride but a shorter ride for developng new road section members into faster groups.
Regards,
Ian Pearson.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SBC Developement Group Saturday 20th June 19 Jun 2015 14:47 #2431

• Caroline Morrison
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ian
I am planning on being there
Caroline

SBC Developement Group Saturday 20th June 19 Jun 2015 10:55 #2421

• Derek Lambie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'll be there with bells on. No, wait, I've taken the bells (and basket, and ribbons) off.

SBC Developement Group Saturday 20th June 18 Jun 2015 22:14 #2419

• Ian Pearson
  • Ian Pearson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Proposed route for this Saturday is out across the Carse on Chalmerston Rd, Kirk Lane, Blairdrummond, Thornhill Rd, Coldoch Rd, Thornhill, a steady climb up the Mini Braes, Deanston, Doune, Hill of Row, Carse of Lepcroft, B of A and finishing as usual at Corries.
The weather forecast as ever is changeable with a risk of it being wet, so bring a lightweight waterproof. Remember that water strips heat out your body much faster than air so if you're wet your going to feel pretty cold and stiff quickly.
Bring something to eat and drink, a spare tube, pump and basic tool kit which will be a small multi tool and a couple of tyre levers.
Remember and bring some cash for Corries.
Make sure your bike is in good order and wear a helmet.
The ride starts at 1000. The distance will be about 40 miles and we will be back at Corries between 1230 and 1300.
The pace will be nice and steady and no one will be left behind.
All welcome, see you Saturday,
Ian Pearson

• Page:
Designed by the Club