Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Middle Group Ride - Saturday 10th January (or Sunday 11th January) 2020 11 Jan 2020 19:36 #17065

• Rebecca Barker
  • Thank you received: 142
Bump - Middle Group Ride going ahead Sunday morning! 👍🏻
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Mein

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Middle Group Ride - Saturday 10th January (or Sunday 11th January) 2020 09 Jan 2020 21:04 #17040

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 74
Middle Group Ride - Saturday 10th January (or Sunday 11th January) 2020

I will be leading this week’s Middle Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am on Saturday. The current forecast for Saturday is for heavy rain & wind gusting at +40mph. If this doesn’t change significantly then I will be delaying the group ride to Sunday morning. Please check The Forum for updates on Friday evening!

Given the current forecast, the route is a short Middle Group winter ride taking us out into the Trossachs and over the Dukes Pass from Aberfoyle. The ride is just 52mi with ~3000ft of elevation and takes us out through The Raploch, along Chalmerston Rd, Thornhill, Aberfoyle, Invertrossachs, Deanston Rd to Doune & back though BofA to Corrieries. If we postpone to Sunday we’ll select a café stop in Bridge of Allan. We will aim for a pace between 15-17mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet & mudguard. The current forecast is horrendous so please come prepared for anything, or like me, keep your fingers crossed that we can postpone to Sunday!

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Chi kong Cham, Douglas Telfer, Allan Phillips, Paul Milligan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club