Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SBC Middle Group ride Saturday 7th Dec 2019 - The Peak 10:00am 07 Dec 2019 07:44 #16930

• Andrew Scobie (Scoobs)
  • Committee
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 272
Andy M's new route.

From the Peak head through Fallin and Throsk towards Plean via the Moss Road and Airth Station.Taking the Brae in Plean to Dunipace and Denny head up through Thankerton and the Carron Valley to Fintry then TOTW. Through Kippen RAB to Thornhill then right to the Blair Drummond where we will head back via Chalmerston Rd to Corrieries.

Route is here www.strava.com/routes/22873921

We can discuss any early departures on TOTW while the Jelly Babies are passed round.

Andy for Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Allan Phillips

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SBC Middle Group ride Saturday 7th Dec 2019 - The Peak 10:00am 06 Dec 2019 21:55 #16929

• Sharon Elaine Walthew-Stewart
  • Thank you received: 74
Absolutely agree and I'm sorry it's not a criticism aimed personally at you !! Its been a theme . Dont change ur ride on my account . It's not for me 2 speak for all!! I'm just confused that there was a big debate about doing 60 + in the summer and now we are doing same on winter bikes which will be slower at an hr later start. I dont get? I'll go with inters or I could peel of
Shazza

SBC Middle Group ride Saturday 7th Dec 2019 - The Peak 10:00am 06 Dec 2019 19:59 #16928

• Andy Massie
  • Andy Massie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 57
I’m easy. You know yourself how difficult it is to set a ride to meet all the criteria.
Would we have a happy Shazza if we cut out the Dukes and came in by the big braes instead?

SBC Middle Group ride Saturday 7th Dec 2019 - The Peak 10:00am 06 Dec 2019 19:36 #16927

• Sharon Elaine Walthew-Stewart
  • Thank you received: 74
I hope I'm not speaking out of turn but this is not a middle winter ride !!! It is identical 2 a summer ride when we start at 0900. Not happy

SBC Middle Group ride Saturday 7th Dec 2019 - The Peak 10:00am 06 Dec 2019 17:45 #16925

• Andy Massie
  • Andy Massie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 57
Apologies fellow cyclists for the late posting, road closures making route creation “windswept and interesting”!!
In short: Earls hill, TOTW, Dukes pass home via Deanston and hill of row.

62.5 miles, 3856ft of climbing 3856ft of descending!!!
Starting at the Peak 10:00am
Kings park
Earls hill
Carron valley
Fintry
TOTW
Arnprior
Buchlyvie
Gartmore
Aberfoyle
Dukes pass
Loch Venachar
Callander
Deanstone road
Doune
Hill of row
Bridge of Allan
Corrierries. For a well earned coffee and cake.

Not a week to be stepping up but well behaved tempo riders may want to lend a wheel to sit on and shelter the ride leader from the wind.
Jelly babies are on offer only if you have mud guards, puncture kit, plenty fluids and food. Weather looking pretty reasonable for time of year, so let’s get two groups out.
Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
Regards
Andy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Alan Mein, Allan Phillips, Ronnie Hendrie, Gill Brett

• Page:
Designed by the Club