Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Intermediate Group Ride – Saturday 16th November 2019 at 10am 14 Nov 2019 22:24 #16821

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 74
Intermediate Group – Saturday 16th November at 10am

I’m down to take the Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am on Saturday.

We’ll leave The Peak via The Raploch, Chalmerston Rd, Coldoch, turn right to Thornhill, turning right & climbing up the Main Braes (of Greenock), then back to Thornhill over the Mini Braes. We’ll head back to Corrieries via the Micro Braes, Doune, past the David Stirling monument where we’ll take a right & drop down on to the Carse (weather permitting) to avoid the Keir Roundabout. We’ll aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, which should keep everyone warm and as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route cannot be found here as my secretary is tired & wants to go to bed (she may post a Garmin link tomorrow which will confirm exactly how far it’ll be).

Please come prepared with the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is dry with light winds from the north but only 3-5 deg C so we will need to be mindful of the potential for ice in places. Please come well layered & prepared, including mudguards (just in case)!

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Look forward to seeing you brave & hardy souls on Saturday...
Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Douglas Telfer, Gill Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club