Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bike geometry for geeks - an unlikely success

Bike geometry for geeks - an unlikely success 01 Oct 2019 10:50 #16647

• David Lindsay
  • Thank you received: 83
What an amazing resource - thanks for sharing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bob Gray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bike geometry for geeks - an unlikely success 22 Sep 2019 17:03 #16591

• Bob Gray
  • Bob Gray's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi all

A friend and I have been working on a hobby project for the last few years - geometrygeeks.bike

It's a website intended to make it easy to find a bike's geometry, and to compare it side-by-side with another.

It started because I was fed up doing google image searches for old geometry tables and copying them into excel whenever I was thinking about a new bike. It's grown far beyond our modest expectations to become the world's largest open database of bike geometry, with over 6,000 bikes. It's growing every day because anyone can add to it, and occasionally a manufacturer will give us a big dump of data to upload. We're now getting 50,000 visitors a month from all over the world - a bit silly, really, for such a niche.

We've also just launched a new feature we call 'search by numbers' . It lets you search the database by your desired geometry (stack, reach, etc), and it'll return a list of bikes. Good if you know what geometry you like and you're looking for ideas for a new bike. Spoiler alert - we charge a fiver for this feature. Trying to make it pay for itself!

Finally, we also have a big list of bike fitters, searchable by location. We think it's also the biggest in the world, but hard to be sure. I'm a big fan of a professional bike fit - it transformed my comfort on the road bike.

We're always keen to hear feedback and ideas, so drop me a note if you like.

Anyway, thought you might be interested!

Best

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin Chisholm, David Lindsay, Douglas Telfer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club