Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle Group Ride – Sunday 15th September 2019 – ALTERNATIVE START POINT

Middle Group Ride – Sunday 15th September 2019 – ALTERNATIVE START POINT 14 Sep 2019 19:37 #16561

• Paul Milligan
  • Thank you received: 9
Hoping to join you tomorrow. Not been 100% of late or been on a bike for 3 weeks. See how it goes...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Middle Group Ride – Sunday 15th September 2019 – ALTERNATIVE START POINT 14 Sep 2019 18:13 #16560

• Alan Mein
  • Thank you received: 63
Hi Neil - not sure if you know of anyone else planning to join you tomorrow but I intend to ride, although I may drop off home at Drip Road rather than return to Dunblane!

Alan

Middle Group Ride – Sunday 15th September 2019 – ALTERNATIVE START POINT 11 Sep 2019 20:18 #16546

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 65
Middle Group Ride – Sunday 15th September 2019 – ALTERNATIVE START POINT

I will be leading this week’s Middle Group ride leaving TESCO IN DUNBLANE at 10am on Sunday and we’re heading out to ride the Dukes Pass from Aberfoyle.
We will heading out via Doune, Deanston Road, Main Braes to Aberfoyle. Steady climb over the summit then back via Brig o’Turk, Inver Trossachs, Mini Braes, Thornhill, Chalmerston Road, Raploch, Bridge of Allan and back to Dunblane.

The route is 55mi with 3500ft of elevation and we will aim for an average pace of 15-17mph although we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind. The route can be found here

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is not fantastic 14 - 15 deg C with a 15mph breeze and the possibility of some light rain (25% chance).

I’ll aim to be at TESCO IN DUNBLANE early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Thanks,
Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas Telfer

• Page:
Designed by the Club