Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
03 Aug 2019
Only 1 week now to this year’s edition of the Dave J memorial ride. Extended welcome as always to members, family and friends. Please confirm interest via the following forum post.

www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/forum/general-chat/3331-dave-j-bbq-and-rides-24th-august-2019
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sunday 21st July Middle Group Ride 10am

Sunday 21st July Middle Group Ride 10am 19 Jul 2019 17:53 #16126

• Allan Phillips
  • Allan Phillips's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 46
My route for Sunday is:

Thornhill, Rob Roy, Pipe Track, Drymen, Balfron, Not Quite TOTW, and back to Toast for 56.5 miles: ridewithgps.com/routes/30601926

Note that the road surface between Balfron and the A811 via Not Quite TOTW is fairly poor quality but nothing that trendy wide tyres can't handle. I'm not planning any mid-route cafe stops (it's so hard to get going again), but we will have a couple of brief stops along the way for food, comfort, enjoying the view etc. We'll ride at a nice steady sociable Easy-Like-Sunday-Morning pace and no-one will get left behind, regardless of how many punctures we get!

At the moment the forecast is looking hopeful so there's every chance you won't need to take your waterproof jacket out of your jersey pocket.

Hope to see you at the Peak at 10am.
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Rooney, Andy Chambers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club