Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle Group Saturday 13th July - 9am

Middle Group Saturday 13th July - 9am 11 Jul 2019 15:23 #16083

• Alan Mein
  • Alan Mein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 63
I will be leading this week’s Middle Group ride leaving The Peak at 9am and at the moment the forecast looks decent - dry, warm and a very gentle breeze from the West/North West.

Can you believe we are in July and we've not yet done The Tak & Crow Road??? So, I'm sure you'll join me in saying it's time we rectified that! :)

The published route is 59 miles with 3900ft of climbing and takes us out from The Peak -> New Line -> Tak -> Crow Road -> TOTW -> Port of Mentieth -> Thornhill -> Chalmerrston Rd.

The proposed route can be found www.strava.com/routes/16106208

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet.

I believe Corrieri's is still closed for holidays but we have plenty of options en route for Café stops (Courtyard Café in Fintry, Woodhouse, The Smiddy or back to Toast/Peak). Given the proposed distance & altitude, we can see how the group feels at TOTW and decide whether we go Port of Mentieth or cut a few miles off and come back through either Coldoch Rd or Thornhill.

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up - we will ride as a group (15-17mph) and support each other although we will take the climbs at our own pace and re-group at agreed points.

Alan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fraser Sanaghan, Allan Phillips

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club