Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
03 Aug 2019
Only 1 week now to this year’s edition of the Dave J memorial ride. Extended welcome as always to members, family and friends. Please confirm interest via the following forum post.

www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/forum/general-chat/3331-dave-j-bbq-and-rides-24th-august-2019
  • Page:

TOPIC: DEVELOPMENT RIDE SATURDAY 29/6/19

DEVELOPMENT RIDE SATURDAY 29/6/19 26 Jun 2019 20:50 #16012

• Sandy Grant
  • Sandy Grant's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 43
Hi folks,
Met office forecast looks like continuing good weather for Saturday if initially some cloud cover. Temp 18-20 degrees wind shifting SE to SW 5mph, gusts 14. Low likelihood of rain.
Probably still wise to use sun cream - I got burnt last week in Orkney despite cloud.

Route is a revisit of the Touch/Campsie hills to Kippen:- Sainbury R/B, King's Park, Cambusbarron, Gargunnock, A811 taking left at Inch of Leckie farm up to farm road along the hillside emerging on B822 , Kippen via Top of the World, Kippen R/B, Coldoch Road, Chalmerston, Raploch, Corries.

37 miles and 1700ft accumulated ascent. Avg speed 13-14mph. Be aware that the hill road, while surfaced, can be rough and gravelly in places.

No-one left behind.

Bring usual food and plenty of fluid plus spare tubes,pump,tools and be prepared for forecast changes.

Leave from Peak at 9am. If new to the group make yourself known to me for an initial chat. I will be there from about 08.45am.

Cheers.

Sandy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Fiona Scott, James Tierney, Douglas Telfer, Alison Richardson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club