Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group Ride – Sunday 17th June 2019 at 10am

Intermediate Group Ride – Sunday 17th June 2019 at 10am 14 Jun 2019 20:48 #15916

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 128
Thanks for that Howard!
Website says closed for 25 days from 10/6 so if we can’t get through I’ll have a plan b up the sleeve of my Roubaix!!
Becki
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Tierney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intermediate Group Ride – Sunday 17th June 2019 at 10am 14 Jun 2019 18:34 #15912

• Howard Ashworth
  • Thank you received: 0
The road from Port of Menteith to the Rob Roy was closed today at 2pm as I was trying to get to Gartmore Primary.
Howard

Intermediate Group Ride – Sunday 17th June 2019 at 10am 14 Jun 2019 06:41 #15900

• James Tierney
  • Thank you received: 126
Will join you Beckie!

Intermediate Group Ride – Sunday 17th June 2019 at 10am 13 Jun 2019 21:31 #15899

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 128
Intermediate Group Ride – Sunday 17th June 2019 at 10am

I will be leading this week’s Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am on Sunday and I was asked at Chaingang on Tuesday if I was going to be kind to you... so here goes make up your own mind & vote with your two wheels on Sunday morning!

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MIDDLE GROUP ARE NOT STARTING FROM THE PEAK THIS WEEK & THIS WILL BE PURELY AN INTERMEDIATE PACED RIDE!

The route is 48mi with only 1200ft of elevation heading out along Chalmerston Rd, Thornhill, Port of Mentith to the Rob Roy, where we’ll avoid the A81 as much as possible by cutting through Cobeland & Gartmore before heading back through Buchlyvie, Arnprior, Kippen, Coldoch & back the way we came to Toast (unless there is a consensus to stop at one of the lovely café’s en-route). We will aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is for 13-14deg C a moderate breeze & I’m hoping we’ll be back before the ‘light rain’ starts, but please come prepared!

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

I look forward to seeing some wheels at The Peak on Sunday morning...
Becki

• Page:
Designed by the Club