Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle Group Ride – Sunday 17th June 2019 at 10am – NOTE ALTERNATIVE START POINT = DUNBLANE

Middle Group Ride – Sunday 17th June 2019 at 10am – NOTE ALTERNATIVE START POINT = DUNBLANE 13 Jun 2019 20:49 #15897

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 65
Middle Group Ride – Sunday 17th June 2019 at 10am – NOTE ALTERNATIVE START POINT = DUNBLANE TRAIN STATION

I will be leading this week’s Middle Group ride leaving (& returning to) DUNBLANE TRAIN STATION at 10am on Sunday and we’re heading out on the 55mi Lew Weaver Memorial Ride route (in the dry this time I hope)!

The route is 55mi with 2500ft of elevation and I don’t need to tell you where we’ll go, you all know it. We will aim for a pace between 15-17mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind. As for our café stop at the end… we’ll decide en-route, but never fear, there are a number of options in Dunblane.

The proposed route can be found here

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is for 13-14deg C a moderate breeze & I’m hoping we’ll be back for the ‘light rain’ starts, but please come prepared!

I’ll aim to be at DUNBLANE TRAIN STATION early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

See you Sunday...
Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Tierney, Gary Bell, Paul Milligan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club