Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Colombian cycling trip -Alto de Letras

Colombian cycling trip -Alto de Letras 27 May 2019 12:58 #15788

• Paul Milligan
  • Paul Milligan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi all, I am thinking of heading down to the Andes in December for a climbing / cycling excursion. I am hoping to take in the legendary climb that is The Alto de Letras. This is perhaps one of the world's hardest climbs & most notorious of all Strava segments. 84km of climbing and approx 3200m of ascent. You begin in the tropics and finish in alpine conditions. Anyone who has climbed Mt Teide in Tenerife (41km of climb 2000m ascent) may be interested / have some idea what to expect? Objectively it is relatively safe and features in regular Colombian races. I am looking at heading in early December. Acclimatisation to altitude will be necessary as the finish altitude is 3760m (12000 ft asl). If anyone is potentially interested in something a little different, please feel free to drop me a line. I believe the road surface is much better than the Carron Valley! There are support services available locally and bike hire with reasonable spec bikes available . This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. / oh seven nine 19 15 one nine 18.
Cheers, Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Bocking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club