Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle Group Ride – Saturday 25th May 2019 at 9am

Middle Group Ride – Saturday 25th May 2019 at 9am 21 May 2019 21:14 #15738

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 51
Middle Group Ride – Saturday 25th May 2019 at 9am

I will be leading this week’s Middle Group ride leaving The Peak at 9am on Saturday and we’re heading out into the Trossachs to tackle the classic Dukes Pass from the Loch Venechar side.

The route is 55mi with 2230ft of elevation and takes us out along Chalmerston Rd, into Thornhill, over the Mini Braes towards Callander, cut through Invertrossachs, around Loch Venechar and over the Dukes. We will climb at our own pace and re-group at the top if required. We’ll head back to Corrieries via Aberfoyle, Thornhill, Kippen Roundabout and back along the A811 into town. We will aim for a pace between 15-17mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is 12-14deg C with light cloud and a gentle breeze from the west and little chance of rain. However, this is Scotland & the Trossachs so it could all change before Saturday so please check beforehand and come prepared for anything!

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

See you Saturday...
Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: Graeme Naysmith, Alan Mein, Douglas Telfer, Allan Phillips, Paul Milligan, Andrew Learmonth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club