Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
03 Aug 2019
Only 1 week now to this year’s edition of the Dave J memorial ride. Extended welcome as always to members, family and friends. Please confirm interest via the following forum post.

www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/forum/general-chat/3331-dave-j-bbq-and-rides-24th-august-2019
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group Ride – 10am on Sunday 14th April 2019

Intermediate Group Ride – 10am on Sunday 14th April 2019 14 Apr 2019 12:45 #15417

• Gillian Ross
  • Thank you received: 2
Some days it’s not your day and you feel bad for holding the group up. That was me today.
Thanks to the group for your patience and support.
Respect to Becki Barker - a great Ride Leader.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norrie Petrie, Rebecca Barker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intermediate Group Ride – 10am on Sunday 14th April 2019 11 Apr 2019 21:40 #15400

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 127
Intermediate Group Ride – 10am on Sunday 14th April 2019

My turn to lead this week’s Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am.

Given the weather forecast & in an attempt to stay out of the way of Mr B for as long as possible, then I have planned a ride that will take in 52miles of beautiful Perthshire countryside & what Garmin Connect tells me is less than 2500ft of ascent. The route takes us over Sheriffmuir from Dunblane to get the bulk of the climbing out the way early. We’ll then head from Blackford towards Braco, then take the back roads skirting Muthill to bring us back over Comrie Moor from Culloch. We’ll then come back via Braco, Dunblane, BofA & Cambuskenneth to Toast for some well-earned sustenance!

We will aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool, mandatory helmet, café money and SUMMER BIKE! We are expecting it to be dry with sunny intervals, 5-9deg C with a breeze so bring layers as it may be chilly in the shade.

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

See you Sunday (if not before)
Becki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miriam Hanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club