• Page:

TOPIC: Middle Group Ride – 10am on Sunday 14th April 2019

Middle Group Ride – 10am on Sunday 14th April 2019 12 Apr 2019 12:31 #15406

• Andrew Scobie (Scoobs)
  • Committee
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 201
Great route Neil, pitty i'm night shift Saturday night damm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Middle Group Ride – 10am on Sunday 14th April 2019 11 Apr 2019 20:59 #15399

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 65
Middle Group Ride – 10am on Sunday 14th April 2019

This Sunday is my debut leading the Middle Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am, so please be kind….

Given the weather forecast & in an attempt to stay out of the way of my good lady wife for as long as possible, then I’m pushing the distance guide to the max and have planned a ride that will take in 65miles of beautiful Perthshire countryside. We will head out via Dunblane, Braco, over Comrie Moor (turning right at the Auchingarrich Wildlife Park), a short distance on the Strowan Rd, cutting across to the A85, past Glenturret Distillary (could be tempted with a coffee(!!) on the terrace if the sun is shining), Monzie, Kinkell Bridge, Auchterarder, Gleneagles & back via Braco, Dunblane, BofA & Cambuskenneth to Toast!

We will aim for a pace between 15-17mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here .

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool, mandatory helmet, café money and SUMMER BIKE! We are expecting it to be dry with sunny intervals, 5-9deg C with a breeze so bring layers as it may be chilly in the shade.

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Milligan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club