Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sunday Rides over Summer - Please Support Them

Sunday Rides over Summer - Please Support Them 07 Apr 2019 18:08 #15367

• Alan Mein
  • Alan Mein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 40
Cheers Fraser - glad you guys had an enjoyable ride today!

I do know a few people who came out on Sunday rides last year felt that they were more sociable/relaxed than the Saturday rides and hope we can build on that this year!

Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Tierney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sunday Rides over Summer - Please Support Them 07 Apr 2019 17:18 #15364

• Fraser Stewart
  • Thank you received: 57
We had the first set of “summer” Sunday rides today. Gill took the middle group of 6 and I led the intermediate group of 4. We specifically didn’t create a single group - we ran the groups separately.

Speaking for my group I think we had an excellent ride on quieter Sunday roads. While it did not feel summery we had a good 50miles followed by a good recharge/snack at Toast.

I would commend the Sunday rides to you. The roads are quieter and the company is mighty.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Mein, Fraser Sanaghan, James Tierney, Douglas Telfer, Louise Cunningham

Sunday Rides over Summer - Please Support Them 06 Apr 2019 20:12 #15358

• Allan Phillips
  • Thank you received: 36
Well said Alan. I'll pass your message on to my wife with a subtle change of subject: "Sunday Rides over Summer - Please Let Me Support Them". Maybe you could also remind people of Cycling Rule number 11:

11. Family does not come first. The bike does.

Allan
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Tierney

Last edit: by Allan Phillips.

Sunday Rides over Summer - Please Support Them 04 Apr 2019 21:47 #15336

• Alan Mein
  • Alan Mein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 40
As I’m sure most members know by now the Sunday rides start this weekend (7 April) when we will run both an Intermediatr and Middle ride starting at 10am as opposed to the 9am Saturday starts over the summer months.

This is a plea to ask people to support the Sunday rides if you can.

I rode most Sunday Middle rides last year and they really weren’t very well attended, often merging with the Intermediate ride to make a decent sized group which wasn’t really ideal for either group.

Appreciate Sunday just might not be an option for people but It does give flexibility if you’re busy on Saturday or just fancy a “few” extra miles!!

So, if you’re able to or fancy a change, especially given how big some of the Saturday rides have become, please give the Sunday rides some thought.

Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fraser Sanaghan, Douglas Telfer, Allan Phillips, Gary Bell

• Page:
Designed by the Club