Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle Ride -10am Sunday 7th April

Middle Ride -10am Sunday 7th April 07 Apr 2019 15:15 #15362

• Stuart Gordon
  • Thank you received: 15
Great route. If rather chilly. Sorry i missed you. Was 20mins late. A new PB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Middle Ride -10am Sunday 7th April 06 Apr 2019 13:52 #15352

• Alan Mein
  • Alan Mein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 55
Typical - first Sunday ride and I’ve come down with a bug so I’m not going to manage out tomorrow.

But.....Gill Brett has kindly offered to cover and will lead the ride tomorrow - thanks Gill!!

Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul Milligan

Middle Ride -10am Sunday 7th April 04 Apr 2019 21:34 #15335

• Alan Mein
  • Alan Mein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 55
First Sunday ride of the year and I’ll start with a plea to give these rides your support. I rode many of them last year and they really weren’t well attended, often merging with the Sunday Intermediate ride. Appreciate they’re not for everyone but they do give flexibility if you’re busy on Saturday or fancy some extra miles after a Saturday ride!!

Forecast is much the same as Saturday although slightly less chance of rain (8-10C and NE wind of 11-13mph).

Route is out east through Coalsnaughton/Rumbling Bridge and then it’s Glen Devon and Dunning Glen in clockwise direction to get the wind after the turn. Then back along the hillfoots to Peak/Toast for a bite to eat.

Route can be found here - www.strava.com/routes/17940477 (58 miles and 3000ft).

As always we ride as a group with no-one left behind. We can agree points where we can re-group on the 2 climbs if people want to do their own thing on them.

Obviously there’s a fair chance of a shower and it’s not too hot, so please dress sensibly and bring a rain jacket as well as the usual food, drink, spare tube/pump etc. If you haven’t taken your mudguards off yet it might be worth leaving them on this week!

Final plea - Your Sunday Rides Need YOU!

Last edit: by Alan Mein.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club