Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group – 10am on Saturday 30th March 2019

Intermediate Group – 10am on Saturday 30th March 2019 30 Mar 2019 19:29 #15289

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 51
Really glad you enjoyed it Ishbel and lovely to cycle with you today. It really is a beautiful area when the sun shines like it did today. 42 mph down the Main Braes was impressive too 🚴🏻😉 I am not there next week but hopefully ride with you again soon. Have a lovely evening Ishbel 🍾

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intermediate Group – 10am on Saturday 30th March 2019 30 Mar 2019 18:15 #15288

• Ishbel Holmes
  • Thank you received: 0
OMG thank you so much for an amazing route! And thanks for arranging for the sun to shine! lol The scenery was outstanding! P.s - legs were shot lol struggled to walk to Aldi's after for pizza ... which I demolished after a big pot of pasta! lol

Intermediate Group – 10am on Saturday 30th March 2019 28 Mar 2019 20:36 #15281

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 51
Intermediate Group – 10am on Saturday 30th March 2019

I will be leading this week’s Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am on Saturday.

As it’s the last week on the winter schedule I’ve planned a route which will get us all ready for going faster & further from next week once the summer bikes are brought out of hibernation. The route is 46.5mi with 2,100ft of climbing and will take us out through Bridge of Allan, Keir, Hill of Row, Doune, Micro Braes to Thornhill, Mini Braes, main Braes of Greenock and to Port of Mentith where we’ll cut across to Arnprior & tackle the wee climb up to ToTW. We’ll climb at our own pace and re-group in the lay-by at the top. We’ll head back to Corrieries via Kippen, Coldoch and Chalmerston Road. We will aim for an average pace between 14-15mph, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here .

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet & mudguard. The current forecast is for it to be dry with a moderate breeze and 10deg C but please come prepared for anything!

See you all Saturday,
Neil

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Douglas Telfer, Paul Milligan, Robert Bocking

• Page:
Designed by the Club