Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group Ride – 10am on Saturday 2nd March 2019

Intermediate Group Ride – 10am on Saturday 2nd March 2019 28 Feb 2019 21:16 #15144

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 42
Intermediate Group Ride – 10am on Saturday 2nd March 2019

I’ll be leading this Saturday’s Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am.

I’m sticking to the same route we did the last time it was forecast to be so wet & miserable… It’ll be 41mi with not much climbing so an ideal route for anyone looking to push themselves and step up from the Development Group. We will head out via Kings Park, Cambusbarron, Gargunnock, Thornhill, over the Mini Braes, up & over the Main Braes of Greenock, then back to Thornhill to take in the Micro Braes before heading back to Corrieries via Chalmerston Road.

We will aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here .

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool, mandatory helmet and MUDGUARDS. With the forecast it is also a wise precaution to have lights. We are expecting rain, rain & more rain, 10 deg C with a fair amount of wind….!

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

See you Saturday...
Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Douglas Telfer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club