Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle Ride - 24th Feb

Middle Ride - 24th Feb 22 Feb 2019 01:04 #15126

• Alan Mein
  • Alan Mein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 46
Weather looking pretty decent - mild and dry for most of Saturday but with a reasonable breeze (15 mph or so) from the South/South West, so we are gonna head for the cultural hotspots of Central Scotland (Shieldhill & Slammanan) and back in using the wind through Cumbernauld & Denny.

In the interests of honesty, the route will include Doctor's Brae at Longcroft which although a bit of a stinking climb is pretty short.

Full route is out east around Alloa - Clacks Bridge - Larbert - Camelon - Shieldhill - Slammanan - Cumbernauld - Banknock - Denny - Plean - Cowie - Fallin to Corrieris.
I'm deliberately avoiding coming back in around Back O' Hill as the road was closed tonight at Sainsbury's and the traffic was chaos as a result.(not sure how long it's closed for)

Here’s the Strava route - www.strava.com/routes/17253319 - 53.miles and 2,500ft (85km & 760m)

Please dress appropriately and bring plenty of food as well as the usual spare tubes, pump, tools etc.

If anyone is stepping up for the first time please give me a shout at the Peak and you'll be well looked after!

Alan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Douglas Telfer, Allan Phillips, Rebecca Barker, Paul Milligan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club