Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group - Saturday 5th January 2019 at 10am

Intermediate Group - Saturday 5th January 2019 at 10am 03 Jan 2019 19:54 #14858

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 117
Intermediate Group - Saturday 5th January 2019

Happy New Year everyone…. I will be leading this week’s Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am on Saturday.

This week’s ride is 40mi with a couple of little lumps thrown in to keep us warm and giving us 1930ft of elevation. We will aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here . We’ll head out from The Peak via Raploch, Chalmerston Road and on into Thornhill where we’ll turn left toward Kippen, over ToTW and back via North Third and Kings Park to Corrieries. If the sun which is promised hasn’t materialised, we may take the slightly longer route back via Carron Valley to avoid any potentially icy roads around North Third.

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. Wrap up warm as the forecast is for 3-5deg C with sunny intervals and a light breeze.

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Kind regards
Becki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Douglas Telfer, Allan Phillips, Yvonne Shaw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rebecca Barker.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club