Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
03 Aug 2019
Only 1 week now to this year’s edition of the Dave J memorial ride. Extended welcome as always to members, family and friends. Please confirm interest via the following forum post.

www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/forum/general-chat/3331-dave-j-bbq-and-rides-24th-august-2019
  • Page:

TOPIC: Christmas Intermediate Group Ride – 10am on Saturday 22nd December 2018

Christmas Intermediate Group Ride – 10am on Saturday 22nd December 2018 19 Dec 2018 20:33 #14829

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 61
Christmas Intermediate Group Ride – 10am on Saturday 22nd December 2018

I’ll be leading the Christmas Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am on Saturday. Following the lead set by the other groups, we will be stopping at the Tormaukin Inn for a spot of lunch or coffee before heading back to Corrieries.

The route will be 47mi with less than 1800ft of steady climbing on the way out. We will head out via BofA, Dunblane, Braco, Gleneagles, to our main climb over Glendevon to the Tormaukin Inn for lunch (or coffee).

The lunch stop at Tormaukin is not compulsory, but all other groups will be calling there so those that don’t want to, I suggest we all stop for safety & then those that want to head on, regroup & ride off.

After the lunch stop we’ll head back to Corrieries via Rumbling Bridge, Coalsnaughton and Fishcross.

We will aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool, mandatory helmet and MUDGUARDS. At this time of year it is also a wise precaution to have lights. The current forecast is for light winds with temps around 6-7deg C and a 30% chance of rain!

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Ho Ho Ho
Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norrie Petrie, Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Douglas Telfer, Andrew Ward

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Neil Barker.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club