Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Club Tops/clothing

Club Tops/clothing 28 Nov 2018 18:08 #14729

• Derek Lambie
  • Thank you received: 3
I agree with the blue. Plus, let's be honest most of the time in Scotland the sky and general surroundings are grey, black or white so the blue does stand out. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Tierney, David Hogg, Robert Bocking

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Club Tops/clothing 27 Nov 2018 09:31 #14720

• David Hogg
  • Thank you received: 3
Definitely one of the best club kits out there, not that that was my only reason for joining the club...honest!

Plus the background is blue from the Saltire.
Not sure how one based on the Lion Rampant would look, but have my doubts :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Tierney, Rebecca Barker, Robert Bocking

Club Tops/clothing 26 Nov 2018 23:44 #14717

• Douglas Telfer
  • Thank you received: 33
Robert

Whilst I wholeheartedly support your willingness for safety whilst out on the bike I can see no need to change the whole dynamic of potentially one of the best club kits in the country. Others may disagree but that’s my viewpoint. SBC kit is recognised wherever we go and obviously has to be officially registered as the kit members who wish to do so compete in.

There are other implications we have to think about including the costs with the suppliers for the colour change amongst them. All told it’s probably easier for those that may feel that the club kit does not afford them the visibility they feel comfortable with to merely buy high viz clothing from many of the retail outlets selling cycling clothing. At this time of year many of our members already do so and adorne the club kit at suitable interludes and when the weather affords them the opportunity.

Dougie
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Tierney, Rebecca Barker, David Hogg, Robert Bocking

Club Tops/clothing 25 Nov 2018 19:42 #14713

• Robert Bocking
  • Robert Bocking's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello All,
With been a new member to the Stirling Bike Club. I would like to buy clothing to support, blue is nice, but what about putting safety first and have new clothing in hi-viz yellow or orange, keep the same design but replace the blue with a different colour, so the cyclist is seen better on the road.

• Page:
Designed by the Club