Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group - Saturday 24th November at 10am

Intermediate Group - Saturday 24th November at 10am 23 Nov 2018 13:36 #14699

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 107
Thanks Jim. Now that I've googled 'Nivinston Craigs' and know where you mean (doh!) I'll make sure to give everyone the heads up & keep it steady on the descent!

Cheers
Becki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intermediate Group - Saturday 24th November at 10am 22 Nov 2018 21:55 #14697

• caroline morrison
  • Thank you received: 2
Sounds good to me Becky. Like to get blown back.. Hope to join you.
Thank you 😁
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebecca Barker

Intermediate Group - Saturday 24th November at 10am 22 Nov 2018 16:28 #14691

• James Tierney
  • Thank you received: 85
Great route Becky. Just be careful on the very last part of descent of Nivingston crags at sharp left hander. Very greasy with leaves. Hopefully dry!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebecca Barker

Last edit: by James Tierney.

Intermediate Group - Saturday 24th November at 10am 22 Nov 2018 14:08 #14689

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 107
Intermediate Group - Saturday 24th November at 10am

I will be leading this week’s Intermediate Group ride leaving the Peak at 10am Saturday.

Given the forecast is dry & cold I propose we head out towards Cleish and let the wind blow us back. The ride is 48½mi with less than 2,000ft of climbing. I’ll do my best to ensure we achieve the target pace of 14-15mph avg, with everyone working together, taking short spells on the front to keep us all moving & ensure no-one gets cold as it’s not due to get above 6 deg C all day!

The proposed route can be found here . We’ll head out from The Peak via Fishcross, Coalsnaughton, Forestmill, Saline, over the Cleish hills from the south and then back via Crook of Devon, Rumbling Bridge, Dollar, Dollarbeg, Coalsnaughton, Fishcross and back to Corrieries. Dependent upon weather we’ll stop to regroup once at the layby at the top of the Cleish climb (or at the bottom if we require shelter) so that everyone can climb at their own pace & refuel/rehydrate. We’ll ride as a group at all other times.

Please come prepared with the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is for it to be cold and dry with light winds at 5-6 deg C, but nothing is guaranteed so please have rain jackets at the ready.

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Becki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norrie Petrie, Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), James Tierney

Last edit: by Rebecca Barker.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club