Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle Group - Saturday 10th November

Middle Group - Saturday 10th November 07 Nov 2018 13:56 #14575

• Alan Mein
  • Alan Mein's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 16
My (first) turn to lead the Middle Group ride this week and at the moment the forecast doesn't look too bad - light rain and a gentle southerly breeze.

So, given it's been a while, and we'll have a southerly breeze (if the forecast is true) I'm proposing we do New Line - Tak - Crow Road - Fintry - TOTW - PoM - Thornhill - Chalmerston and back to Corrieri's. Could be the last time we get to do this route for a while with morning frosts looming!

The route can be found here - www.strava.com/routes/16106208 - just a shade under 60 miles with approx. 3,900ft of climbing (96km & 1200m in new money).

Depending on both weather and how the group is doing, there's always the option to take a check at TOTW and shave a few miles off by heading back via Kippen Roundabout & Coldoch Road.

As always - we stay together at a pace that suits the group (within 15-17mph) although people can do their own thing on the climbs/descents and we will agree points to re-group, Usual rules apply - helmet, rain jacket, food, drink, spare tubes, pump/CO2 etc but given we are now well into the autumn/winter rides mudguards are a must!

I'll be at the Peak early (a challenge admittedly!!) so if there's anyone thinking of stepping up from the Intermediate Group just give me a shout. This one may appear a bit of a jump given distance & climbs, but if you are stepping up you'll be well looked after.

See you Saturday!

Alan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helen Gorman, Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), James Tierney, Douglas Telfer, Gary Wilson, Allan Phillips, Ronnie Hendrie, paul milligan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club