Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: INTERMEDIATE RIDE - 20TH AT 10.00

INTERMEDIATE RIDE - 20TH AT 10.00 20 Oct 2018 14:17 #14509

• Lucas Hooijenga
  • Thank you received: 21
Well Graham, you got me working today. Thanks for a nice run. By the way, I think where I can see a short cut the next time we are in Larbert 😊
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

INTERMEDIATE RIDE - 20TH AT 10.00 19 Oct 2018 19:34 #14507

• caroline morrison
  • Thank you received: 2
sounds good dont know if it will feel good

INTERMEDIATE RIDE - 20TH AT 10.00 18 Oct 2018 18:03 #14499

• Graham Brown
  • Graham Brown's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 45
Hi All, my turn to lead this week and I have planned Something a Bit Different! It will be lumpy with one major climb and two long, steady climbs with a distance of 74 km and 815 m of climbing. (46 miles and 2674 ft). Weather looks good, reasonably warm for the time of year and moderate south-west wind but still come with jacket and, preferably, long sleeves or arm warmers. Don't forget the usual spares and sustenance. Helmet is obligatory and please have mudguards as, even though there is little chance of rain, there will be, almost certainly in places, standing water. Right, now for the route!

We will head out via back o' the hill, King's Park, long line (climb), Tak ma Doon!! (big climb), Kilsyth, Dullatur (climb), Castlecary, Bonnybridge, Denny, Larbert and back to Corrieri's via Throsk and Fallin. Route is here: ridewithgps.com/routes/26465532

Hope you don't think it will be too challenging but we will all stick together even though the pace may be slower than usual for the Intermediate group, and we will regroup at the top of the climbs so that we all arrive back at the cafe together. I'm really looking forward to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas Telfer, Carolyn Brooks

I ride to drink!
  • Page:
Designed by the Club