Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group – 9am on Sunday 14th October 2018 – Ride for Jayne Gray

Intermediate Group – 9am on Sunday 14th October 2018 – Ride for Jayne Gray 13 Oct 2018 18:44 #14476

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 117
Intermediate Group – 9am on Sunday 14th October 2018 – Ride for Jayne

As per my post on Friday evening, tomorrow’s ‘one off’ Sunday autumn ride will be a ‘ride for Jayne’ in advance of the celebration of Jayne’s life at 2pm at Inchyra Grange Hotel, Grangemouth, where I know SBC will be well represented.

Because many of the riders wish to attend the celebration we will be departing at 9am and I’ve kept the route as short & direct as I possibly could, whilst ensuring that we ride past Jaynes home on the Micro Braes. If you have club kit it would be great to see everyone out in club colours for this ride.

The route is just under 37mi but relatively flat at less than 1500ft of ascent, so we’ll be aiming for the top end of the Intermediate pace range & praying for no mechanicals in order that we can get back in a decent time. We will head out from the Peak via BofA, Keir Roundabout, Doune, Micro Braes, Thornhill, Mini Braes, Main Braes of Greenock, Thornhill & back towards the Peak via Chalmerston Road, stopping at Toast for those who have time. We’ll regroup at the top of the two main climbs and at all other times ride as a group with no-one left behind (unless you turn up without mudguards, and then you’re on the back the whole way).

The proposed route can be found here .

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is for light rain showers and a gentle breeze with temps around 9-10deg C, so we definitely made the right decision to postpone from Saturday.

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Becki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michelle Gallacher

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club