Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group – 10am on Saturday 13th October 2018

Intermediate Group – 9am on Sunday 14th October 2018 13 Oct 2018 19:10 #14477

• Peter Namey
  • Thank you received: 17
Will be there, if there is anyone else that fancy’s a slightly longer middle group pace ride I’d be up for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intermediate Group – 9am on Sunday 14th October 2018 12 Oct 2018 21:13 #14466

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 103
All, after much deliberation & consultation with potential riders this evening, given the horrendous forecast for Saturday I’m postponing the Inters ride to Sunday and we’re going to leave the Peak at 9am on a RIDE FOR JANE.

The ride will be short and at Inters pace, ~2 hours to ensure that those who wish to attend Janes celebration at 2pm can do!

Hope to see you all there
Becki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norrie Petrie, Colin Chisholm, Chi kong Cham, joanne brockie, Julie Burns, Andy Massie, Carolyn Brooks, Miriam Hanks

Intermediate Group – 10am on Saturday 13th October 2018 11 Oct 2018 12:25 #14451

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 103
Intermediate Group – 10am on Saturday 13th October 2018

Lucky me will be leading this week’s wet Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 10am on Saturday for those who have dug out their winter bikes (fitted with MUDGUARDS) and are prepared to brave the weather.

Due to the forecast I’ve kept the route short at under 45mi with just over 2000ft of steady climbing on the way out. We will head out via Fishcross, Coalsnaughton, Dollarbeg, Dollar (take the road by the Japanese Gardens to keep us off the A91) to Yetts O’Muckhart and then over Glendevon to Gleneagles. We’ll then head back via Braco, Dunblane and through Bridge of Allan back to Corrieries. We will aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind (unless you’re the one who turns up without mudguards).

The proposed route can be found here .

Bring the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is for heavy rain and a moderate breeze with temps around 12-13deg C (but please factor in the wind chill and come well layered)!

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Becki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas Telfer

• Page:
Designed by the Club