Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group - Saturday 29th September 2018

Intermediate Group - Saturday 29th September 2018 29 Sep 2018 13:09 #14398

• Fiona Scott
  • Thank you received: 7
Becki👍
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebecca Barker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intermediate Group - Saturday 29th September 2018 29 Sep 2018 13:07 #14397

• Fiona Scott
  • Thank you received: 7
Fab ride today Becky, thanks for keeping us moving in an orderly fashion! Particularly enjoyed the wheel about on Chalmerston Road, legs feeling tired now which is good I think??!!😂
Ps: Good luck tomorrow, enjoy North Berwick and the rest of East Lothian, nice part of the world if a little lumpy in places?😄

Intermediate Group - Saturday 29th September 2018 28 Sep 2018 19:10 #14389

• Heather Morton
  • Thank you received: 16
Missing club ride again this week as I’m working - sorry won’t be there x

Intermediate Group - Saturday 29th September 2018 28 Sep 2018 17:00 #14387

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 128
Intermediate Group Saturday 29th September at 9am

I will be leading this week’s Intermediate Group ride leaving the Peak at 9am Saturday.

As promised, this is a very flat ride (<1150ft of ascent) to give those wanting to go a little faster, the opportunity to step up from the Development Group without throwing in lots of hills. The ride is ~42mi and I will aim to hold the group at a pace of 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here . We’ll head out from The Peak via BofA, Dunblane, Kinbuck, Dunblane, Argaty, Doune, Deanston Rd (sorry), over the Mini Braes, Thornhill & back via Coldoch & Chalmerston Rd to Corrieries. We’ll regroup at the layby at at the top of the Mini-Braes (if required), so that everyone can climb at their own pace, riding as a group at all other times.

Please come prepared with the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is possibly light rain & a ‘fresh’ breeze at 9-11 deg C, so colder than we’ve been accustomed to so wrap up & bring layers.

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Becki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norrie Petrie, Douglas Telfer

Intermediate Group - Saturday 29th September 2018 27 Sep 2018 20:12 #14383

• Rebecca Barker
  • Rebecca Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 128
All,
I'll be leading this week's Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 9am on Saturday.

I haven't 100% decided on the route but it'll be 40-45 miles with relatively little climbing and we WILL keep to pace of 14-15mph. The ride will be designed to encourage those who are ready (confident with holding a wheel and have learnt the calls etc.) to step up from the Development Group and try something a little faster.... but not too fast!

I'll post up a route before Saturday, forecast would typically have us heading West, but let's see... more info tomorrow!

Regards
Becki
The following user(s) said Thank You: Douglas Telfer, Michelle Gallacher, Julie Burns

• Page:
Designed by the Club