Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Intermediate Group - Saturday 16th June 2018 at 9am

Intermediate Group - Saturday 16th June 2018 at 9am 16 Jun 2018 12:48 #13684

• Raymond Howitt
  • Thank you received: 1
thanks for making the unenjoyable bearable. me sitting on the back on the way home was either because I had a team mate up ahead in the breakaway or I was done for due to the cold and rain!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Intermediate Group - Saturday 16th June 2018 at 9am 14 Jun 2018 20:52 #13651

• Neil Barker
  • Neil Barker's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 66
Intermediate Group - Saturday 16th June 2018

I will be leading this week’s Intermediate Group ride leaving The Peak at 9am on Saturday.

The route is only 45mi but will take in two BIG climbs – out above North Third and then back from Kippen via ToTW. We’ll head out via Kings Park, up & over North Third to Carron Valley take a right turn at Fintry over Top of the World, drop into Arnprior, Port of Mentith, Thornhill and back to Corrieries via Chalmerston Rd. We will aim for a pace between 14-15mph avg, although as always we will ride at a pace that suits the group with no-one left behind.

The proposed route can be found here.

Please come prepared with the usual food, drink, spare tubes, levers, pump, multi-tool and the mandatory helmet. The current forecast is wet with a high of 13deg (but at least the wind will have died down) so please have rain jackets at the ready.

I’ll aim to be at The Peak early, so shout up if you are stepping up for the first time or haven’t been out for a while so I can make sure you’re well looked after. Please also can you let me know if you’re a First Aider or have any medical conditions which I should know about!

Neil
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jenny McInerney

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club