Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Middle Group Ride - Saturday 19th May, 09.00

Middle Group Ride - Saturday 19th May, 09.00 17 May 2018 21:16 #13387

• Graham Brown
  • Graham Brown's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 83
My turn to lead the Middle Group on Saturday and it's a variation on the Carron Valley round taking you on roads you may not have ridden before, a distance of 85 km (53 miles) and 645 m (2100 ft) of climb. The plan is to leave the Peak and head out to Cowie, Larbert, through to Dunipace then the Denny reservoirs out to the Carron Valley road. Then Fintry, Top o' the World where we will have a choice to extend the route by about 11 km (7 miles) if people are feeling good. The standard route goes down to Kippen then back the usual way via Chalmerston Road. The route is here: ridewithgps.com/routes/26199205

Weather looking good, you may even need sun lotion! Moderate wind from the south/south-west. It's advisable to take a light windproof jacket or gilet and don't forget adequate drinks for a warm day plus some energy bars. Also remember pump, multi-tool and spare tube(s).

Pace will be 24 to 27 km/hr (15/17 mph) but no-one will be left behind. Looking forward to it. See you at The Peak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fraser Sanaghan, James Tierney, Douglas Telfer, Ronnie Hendrie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I ride to drink!
Last edit: by Graham Brown.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club