Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 16 Nov 2017 18:12 #11952

• Chris Pendlebury
  • Chris Pendlebury's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Archie,

The date of the Maratona is too early for us (before the school holidays start), but we are looking to do the course (maybe over two days!)

C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 16 Nov 2017 12:06 #11941

• Archie J
  • Thank you received: 7
The Maratona Chris, full on Dolomite climbing for you fast and skinny types :)

Maratona D'les Dolomites 2018 LINK

Last year was 140km and 4800mtr of 'fun' filled cycling (Bradley Wiggo only did the 55km route - yeah, we whipped him) and Geoff McKay was flying, still Dr Mono Pace, but flying. Views are stunning as are the descents!

Places really hard to get, but we did it through Alp-Cycles and are a very good friendly company with one guide last year from the ERC.

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 14 Nov 2017 18:39 #11922

• Chris Pendlebury
Hi Fraser
Nice idea but we need something that coincides with the school holidays!
C

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 14 Nov 2017 16:55 #11919

• Fraser Purves
  • Thank you received: 1
Chris, I am planning to head out to France for the first weekend in July (just entered the marmotte) still plenty of spaces available, come and join me...

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 20 Oct 2017 17:11 #11747

• Chris Pendlebury
Thanks Raymond

I shall look them up!

Cheers, Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michelle Gallacher

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 20 Oct 2017 14:48 #11746

• Raymond Howitt
  • Thank you received: 0
[

Also did Bormio!!! Fat fingers.

quote="Raymond Howitt" post=11745]Chris. I am a new member of the club so hopefully this works! I have ridden 3 times now with Chris & Helen Balfour who run mountain high cycling. Look at website to see it is of interest. They are both excellent cyclists and I cannot recommend highly enough. I did a week in August based in Borneo. Unforgettable. Stelvio, gavia, mortirolo et al. Hope this helps.

Raymond

Jquote="Chris Pendlebury" post=11743]Hi all,

We are still looking into options for next summer, so if there is anyone interested in possibly joining us, let us know.

Also, if anyone has any cycling tour companies that operate in the Dolomites that you recommend, please let me know.

Cheers, Chris[/quote][/quote]

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 20 Oct 2017 14:47 #11745

• Raymond Howitt
  • Thank you received: 0
Chris. I am a new member of the club so hopefully this works! I have ridden 3 times now with Chris & Helen Balfour who run mountain high cycling. Look at website to see it is of interest. They are both excellent cyclists and I cannot recommend highly enough. I did a week in August based in Borneo. Unforgettable. Stelvio, gavia, mortirolo et al. Hope this helps.

Raymond

Jquote="Chris Pendlebury" post=11743]Hi all,

We are still looking into options for next summer, so if there is anyone interested in possibly joining us, let us know.

Also, if anyone has any cycling tour companies that operate in the Dolomites that you recommend, please let me know.

Cheers, Chris[/quote]

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 20 Oct 2017 07:13 #11743

• Chris Pendlebury
Hi all,

Cheers, Chris

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 02 Oct 2017 18:42 #11653

• Chris Pendlebury
Good point!

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 02 Oct 2017 17:26 #11652

• James Tierney
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 20
Provence can be absolutely scorching in July/August!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Pendlebury

Any interest in a France / Italy trip next July / August 01 Oct 2017 07:00 #11643

• Chris Pendlebury
Hi all,

The nights are getting colder.
Those of you who still have a working summer bike (!) will be thinking about checking over the winter bike soon.
And you will be digging out your thick gloves, hoping you can find a whole pair.

To get us through the winter, we are already thinking about some sunshine in 2018!

Helen and I are working out our options for a July / August cycling trip next year (to coincide with school holidays). For the passed two years we have gone with an organised group to tackle some of the Alps cols. Having done that for two years running we are now looking for something different.

We have two ideas that we would like to do at some point:

- Ventoux, aka a week in Provence, done in a diy-stylee.
- a week in Dolomites, probably done as part of an organised trip

These are just the beginning of ideas at the moment.

if anyone may be interested in either of the above, then let us know. It doesn’t have to be anything definite at this point.

Chris and Helen

Last Edit: by Chris Pendlebury.
  • Page:
Designed by the Club