Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Intermediate Ride 12/08

Intermediate Ride 12/08 12 Aug 2017 18:21 #11155

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norrie Petrie, Colin Chisholm

Intermediate Ride 12/08 11 Aug 2017 20:01 #11148

Hi Andy,

I think your Strava link is private as I can't view the route - would you mind making public please?

Many thanks
Teresa

Intermediate Ride 12/08 11 Aug 2017 15:26 #11142

Hi All

Change to the Intermediate ride on Saturday, now Round Carron Valley. 48 miles at an average speed of 14-15mph.

The route will be leaving the Peak at 0900 and head out to Plean via Throsk to Denny. Through Fankerton and the long drag to Carron Valley then on to Fintry then TOTW with a long downhill to Kippen. To Corrieries via Coldoch and Chalmerston Road.

Route here www.strava.com/routes/10094259

Looks lumpy, but a good ride.

Weather looks promising, but bring a rain jacket just incase. The usual spares etc..., but making sure your bike is in a good condition for the ride.

We ride as a group and look after each other with no one left behind.

See you all on Saturday.

Andy

Intermediate Ride 12/08 11 Aug 2017 08:22 #11126

All

Kev has informed me that British Touring Cars Championship is on at Knockhill, this means that the roads round about that area will be busy and with the odd boy/girl racer thinking they are in a Touring Car.

I will create a new route today after work, but thinking either Corrie Moor or Denny and TOTW.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Andy

Intermediate Ride 12/08 09 Aug 2017 18:26 #11111

Hi All

Intermediate ride on Saturday is out East to Nivingston Crags. 48 miles at an average speed of 14-15mph.

The route will be leaving the Peak at 0900 and head out to Dollarbeg via Fishcross, from Dallorbeg to Saline and then through the village to Hillend. From Hillend head to Cleish, Nivingston House and then over Nivingston Crags to Blairadam. From here it is a good road through Steelend and Saline to Forrestmill and then to Corrieries via Coalsnaughton and Fishcross. A few wee climbs before Nivingston, but some good long straights to practice the group riding and spelling up.

Route here www.strava.com/routes/10018257

A good route if you have been thinking of stepping up to the Intermediate Group.

Weather looks promising, but bring a rain jacket just incase. The usual spares etc..., but making sure your bike is in a good condition for the ride.

We ride as a group and look after each other with no one left behind.

See you all on Saturday.

Andy
Designed by the Club