Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Chain gangs 2017

Chain gangs 2017 22 Mar 2017 09:58 #9516

• Nigel Holl
  • Thank you received: 2
See if this works .......... www.strava.com/activities/564470515

Your descriptor of the SBC Fast CG slightly wrong -it isn't (as Graeme points out) an SBC group - riders from various clubs there. And it isn't just fast riders - a decent mix is what is needed - 3 or 4 groups at different speeds works really well- maybe all coming together on the last lap.

So the Strava link above shows it starting at Chalmerston Road end (by the roundabout and Market), goes down the A84, 3 laps of the circuit and finishes in Blairdrummond.

hope that helps......

Cheers,
N
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andre Van

Chain gangs 2017 21 Mar 2017 22:06 #9511

Hi, I'd like to join in some of these and want to find out some more details.

Had a look around the older forums for info and I've gathered there are three groups. Development, SBC fast, and Falkirk fast group?

Does anyone have some Strava links or equivalent so I can see exactly where it starts and goes?

Cheers.
Andre

Chain gangs 2017 21 Mar 2017 08:06 #9501

• Nigel Holl
  • Thank you received: 2
So this chaingang has fluctuated a bit in terms of numbers of people over recent times.

It works best with big numbers, and different groups - I recall a time not long ago when there were 4 groups. We should certainly aim for 3 - people at the right level - working hard in their group and if that group caught by a faster one, trying then to "step up" and hang on.

It is a cracking type of training. It is hard work, but you are with groups of fellow sufferers, so there is a social element as well.

There are many riders around who would benefit hugely - and do not feel intimidated! You will be amazed how a couple of weeks and it starts to feel ok, when maybe week 1 you are really struggling.

So.........if you've done the fab Development CG last season, felt strong there, then Chalmerston Road worth a visit /thought.

You know you want to .......!!!

Chain gangs 2017 20 Mar 2017 20:59 #9500

• Graeme Cook
  • Thank you received: 15
The clocks go forward next weekend, meaning, unless it's horrible, there'll be enough light in the evenings to get going again with Tuesday evening Chain gangs! Yaaay. Firstly, before someone in the committee strangles me, I will stress - THIS IS NOT AN SBC EVENT. It's open to everyone and SBC take no responsibility for the foolishness. That said loads of SBC riders will be there (or at the SBC development chain gang- details of which someone else will post up about hopefully...). A bunch of us have been discussing it today and we reckon we'll turn up for the first chain gang of the year at 1830 on the 28th, with a view to doing two laps of the course and getting back in before it gets too dark. I'd recommend bringing some lights and or hi viz for the trundle back afterwards.

Cheers,
Graeme
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helen Gorman
Designed by the Club