Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: CANCELLED - Saturday 10th August - Glentress - Kids and Adults bike ride

CANCELLED - Saturday 10th August - Glentress - Kids and Adults bike ride 09 Aug 2019 07:00 #16277

• Richard Barton
  • Richard Barton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
It looks like it is going to be a real wet day tomorrow - www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcvsx77db#?date=2019-08-10

I'm going to cancel the ride to Glentress as I suspect no-one will turn up due to the weather. Flooding on the roads will make getting there and back problematic and once there I suspect it'll be a slippery mudfest without much fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...
Last edit: by Richard Barton.

Saturday 10th August - Glentress - Kids and Adults bike ride 06 Aug 2019 08:15 #16257

• Richard Barton
  • Richard Barton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
The Woman's Tour of Scotland is going to be passing Stirling area on Saturday (actually going to be at Aberfoyle) - there is some chat about a possible gathering of kids to go and watch this race - think it is being posted up soon.

For those not wanting to go and watch the race but fancy a ride on a mountain bike - the Saturday ride will be heading to Glentress. Meeting at the bottom car park at 10:15 - aiming to be heading out at 10:30.

Car park needs a ticket, I think it is about £5.00 for the day.

Everyone is welcome, but kids need to be chaperoned. We'll all climb up to the Buzzard's Nest car park and depending on ability and preference, we might split the group with some doing the Red and others doing the Blue - we can all go for a p[lay at the skills loop - and for those who are keen, there is also the skills area with the 'Box'.

Hopefully see you there

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...
  • Page:
Designed by the Club