Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Potential locations for the Kids and Adults weekend rides

Potential locations for the Kids and Adults weekend rides 07 Mar 2019 08:38 #15157

• Richard Barton
  • Richard Barton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 26
Absolutely...but this is where other people need to get involved with suggestions and arrangements.

I think this is a great idea but it needs people with knowledge to kick it off.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...

Potential locations for the Kids and Adults weekend rides 06 Mar 2019 14:32 #15150

• Derek Lambie
  • Thank you received: 3
I don't have anything other than a normal road bike! It was just an idea for other terrains since not all the kids too joining up will end up as mountain bikers or cyclo-cross riders, and might open it up a little for more road bike peeps like me to join in with the kids.

Potential locations for the Kids and Adults weekend rides 03 Mar 2019 20:59 #15149

• Richard Barton
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi Derek,

Have you a cx or gravel bike? Afraid I'm a mountain biker so my list tends to focus on that. However, no issues with other locations being suggested/organised. These rides aren't official in any way, just me posting up so people are aware there is a ride that might be of interest at a location, so would be great for more of these.

Are you at Warriors this week? If so, I'll grab a chat with you.

I don't have a proper answer just now but think it would be good to include other terrain types as well, so a chat would be good.

Thanks.

P.s. This could mean you get a new bike! ;-)

Last edit: by Richard Barton.

Potential locations for the Kids and Adults weekend rides 03 Mar 2019 20:47 #15148

• Derek Lambie
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Richard

What scope is there for those of us with nothing but road bikes (adults)? I'd love to join my daughter for a weekend ride but I have nothing to ride in terms of off road or on tracks. Are there any tarmac/decent bike path/safe routes that can be done for those with skinny tyres?

Potential locations for the Kids and Adults weekend rides 03 Mar 2019 18:47 #15146

• Richard Barton
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Hi,

I'm still trying to work out how best to create this list, but in the meantime, the following are the list of locations that I've got that I think could be locations for a weekend ride for kids and adults - obviously not all of them will suit complete beginners or the fittest/fastest/most technically skilled riders - but that isn't really the point of the rides. It is an attempt to get the kids (and adults) out for some biking in new locations and encourage them to learn from their peers and have a bit of a laugh whilst biking.

So in absolutely no order (other than alphabetical) and with no suggestion of dates, here is my list -
  • Aberfoyle
  • Beecraigs
  • Balfron station
  • Callander Estate
  • Cambusbarron
  • Carron Valley
  • Cathkin Brae
  • Comrie Croft
  • Devilla Forest
  • Glentress
  • Laggan
  • Muiravonside Country Park
  • Mugdock Country Park
  • Pentlands
  • Plean Country Park
  • Tentsmuir
  • Torwood

I'd also suggest other 7Stanes sites, but those are further away. but not to discount them.

Where else do people (kids and adults) fancy going?

Also, are any of these of interest to anyone and they want to suggest a Saturday for any? If so, post up and we can get things firmed up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin Chisholm

• Page:
Designed by the Club