Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Plean CX - Warriors results

Plean CX - Warriors results 29 Dec 2018 19:31 #14844

• Mark Ruskell
  • Mark Ruskell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
I couldn't make it but family said it was a great event. All credit to the organisers and many volunteers.
My point was about getting the publicity and interest going in the Warriors so we can get a good turn out at our own club events and other events like this.
Most entry for these events are via British Cycling website but closing dates are often a week in advance or more so easy to miss.
Looking forward to 2019 racing!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Colin Chisholm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mark Ruskell.

Plean CX - Warriors results 19 Dec 2018 17:15 #14826

• Colin Chisholm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Dave, Thanks for replying

Add in a hectic work and personal life, other volunteer work, dealing with upwards of 300 emails per day in the lead up to the race it's not surprising I missed Darren's email in the days before Plean, I've only just read it this afternoon.

I have never knowingly not given a Warrior or any other club member a start at PleanCX, however was it a "poor show" no, I don't think so, it was just simple mistake, something that we are all capable of making!

Colin.
(PleanCX Organiser)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norrie Petrie, James Tierney, Douglas Telfer, Sally Baillie, Mark Ruskell, David Hogg

Last edit: by Colin Chisholm.

Plean CX - Warriors results 14 Dec 2018 16:31 #14817

• David Lindsay
  • Thank you received: 73
Hi Millar,

Entry for Plean CX was via the British Cycling site. Due to issues with parking, the race is unable to host the huge numbers that other CX races see, and so places are quite limited. I am assuming that the races were full when you contacted the organiser.

I know from experience that, as an organiser, the weeks leading up to your event are extremely busy and stressful, with the organiser having to co-ordinate with a range of people including Scottish Cycling, the commissaires, the marshals, caterers, hosts, race timing company, PA suppliers and competitors, amongst others. Emails often slip off your radar and in the lead up to a race, when the event is full, responding to those who missed the closing date/didn't get an entry in before the field filled up is often down the list of priorities for a volunteer who is giving up their time to organise an event.

It is worth taking all this into account before passing judgement on the organiser.

Regards

Dave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norrie Petrie, Colin Chisholm, James Tierney, Garry M, Douglas Telfer, Sally Baillie, David Hogg

Last edit: by David Lindsay.

Plean CX - Warriors results 13 Dec 2018 10:35 #14804

• Millar Crumpton Davidson
  • Thank you received: 0
Well done Alistar
I emailed the person responsible for organizing this race and asked for an entry but they never got back to me, very poor.

Plean CX - Warriors results 02 Dec 2018 10:08 #14759

• Mark Ruskell
  • Mark Ruskell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
Results

U10 - Alastair Ruskell 8th

Just the one lonely rider at our home event at Plean. Compare this with Falkirk Bike Club juniors who fielded 21 riders across all age categories.

Unfortunately the days of the Warriors being a major force in youth racing have drawn to a close for the time being.

The coaching remains great though and I'll post a new year CX event in the hope we can get a new generation started.

• Page:
Designed by the Club