Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Loch Lyon loop - Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th August

Loch Lyon loop - Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th August 02 Aug 2018 14:48 #13987

• Graham Brown
  • Thank you received: 83
The 11th and 12th are out for me and the following weekend, on the Sunday, I've got a race up in Aberfeldy but we're going up on the Saturday. I could manage the 25th which I had down in my diary as the Dave Jorgensen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I ride to drink!

Loch Lyon loop - Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th August 02 Aug 2018 13:53 #13985

• David Lindsay
  • David Lindsay's Avatar Topic Author
Hi Graham,

I might postpone it as there don't seem to be any takers and I'm not that keen on going out into a reasonably remote area on my own in case there are any problems. However I can't do next weekend as I'm involved with the Special Olympics event that is taking place then at Stirling Uni, although on the Saturday I don't think I need to be there til around 5 pm, so that might work!

The following week there's the Dave J ride on the Saturday but we could do the Sunday (19th) or wait til the next weekend (25th-26th)?

There does seem to be a couple of other folk interested so we could get a small group if calendars align!

Cheers

Dave

Loch Lyon loop - Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th August 02 Aug 2018 13:39 #13984

• Graham Brown
Would love to do this loop Dave but I've got something on for all three of those days. We've just come back from three weeks of holiday with very little riding so need to get out and do something! I might try to get out and do it next week with an American guy whose coming over from Florida at the weekend.

I ride to drink!

Loch Lyon loop - Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th August 31 Jul 2018 14:20 #13963

• David Lindsay
  • David Lindsay's Avatar Topic Author
Hi all,

I'm thinking of doing a loop on the mountain bike round Loch Lyon - I am off this coming Friday, so could do it then, or on Saturday or (less preferably, would have to be a very early start) on Sunday.

Detail here: dave.davebanks.com/route_18.htm

It's 27 miles if you start from south of Bridge of Orchy, a few miles longer if you start from Tyndrum and ride up the West Highland Way for a bit. I reckon it should take 4-5 hours at the most. There's always the incentive of post-ride refuelling at the Real Food Cafe B)

I haven't done this route before, but it looks like it has numerous (about half a dozen) river crossings. Even with the recent rain, I'm hoping that this will be a good time to do it - and the weather is currently looking OK for the weekend.

Is anyone interested in joining me?

Cheers

Dave

• Page:
Designed by the Club