Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Weekly MTB rides

Weekly MTB rides 06 Sep 2018 16:27 #14251

• Graham Brown
  • Graham Brown's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 83
Hi Everyone. If anybody fancies a mountain bike ride tomorrow, Friday, we'll be going out from Cambusbarron Community Centre at 18.30 and will be riding for about 90 minutes. If you've got lights it might be a good idea to bring them along. Hope to see some of you along.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 17 Aug 2018 19:51 #14159

• Helen Gorman
  • Committee
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 21
Next week’s Monday ride (20th August) is a joint ride with the tri club. 7pm on the bridge in Bridge of Allan for a relatively untechnical ride taking in some of the easier trails such as Park of Keir. If we have time and enough light we might go up to the “playground” in the Mine Woods too. If there are more people who know the local trails and want to ride harder stuff we can split into groups.

Weekly MTB rides 28 Jun 2018 18:39 #13793

• Graham Brown
Ride this Friday, tomorrow, meet at Cambusbarron Community Centre at 19.00. I may not be able to get there as I have to go over to Avonbridge earlier and might not be back in time. People are familiar with a variety of routes now so I'm sure you'll have a good time.

For the Monday ride, meeting in Bridge of Allan at 19.00, we are going to play, for most of the time, in Mine Woods where we will get a chance to practice some of the things Andy taught us earlier this week.

Hope you will be able to get out for one or both of these rides.

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 23 Jun 2018 18:42 #13767

• Graham Brown
By the way, this session is for both male and female despite what it says in the original post by Andy.

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 23 Jun 2018 18:36 #13766

• Graham Brown
Hi all. This Monday's ride is something a bit different and may tempt a few to come out who have been a bit worried about skill and competence level which has put you off joining the regular Monday and Friday rides.

Andy Martin is running a skills session, suitable for relative beginners and more competent riders, at Beechwood Park, 18.45 until about 20.15 give or take. So far six people have said they will be going so a few more would be fun. There might even be time afterwards to head off to Cambusbarron woods to try out some of your new found skills!

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 14 Jun 2018 22:08 #13656

• Graham Brown
Mountain bike group meeting tomorrow (Friday) at Cambusbarron Community Centre, 19.00. It could be damp so a Macintosh might be needed! Hope to see you there.

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 11 Jun 2018 09:23 #13600

• Graham Brown
Ride on tonight folks. Meet at the bridge in B of A, 19.00. Could be a bit damp for the first time in ages so wear appropriate gear.

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 08 Jun 2018 08:01 #13564

• Graham Brown
MTB rides are still on folks for those who want some fun on lovely off-road trails on a Friday and/or Monday evening. I would like to reiterate that these rides are social, slow, sometimes hard work on the climbs but, most of all, fun. Some of the routes we ride can be a bit technical but not overly so and there are always alternative ways down. And, the more experienced riders are are there to help and encourage so don't be put off by the thought that you might not be up to it. We've had regular turnouts of 4 or 5 but two or three more would be good. If ten or more turned up we would split the group because too big a group can be a bit unmanageable and a lot slower.

On Fridays we meet at Cambusbarron Community Centre and, on Mondays, at the bridge over the Allan on Henderson Street in Bridge of Allan. Hope to see you there.

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 29 May 2018 06:41 #13469

• Graham Brown
For this coming Friday (1st June) and on Monday (4th) I won't be around as I'm off to Mull for a few days but the rides can still go ahead meeting on Friday at Cambusbarron Community Centre and on Monday at the bridge in Bridge of Allan, both at 19.00. I'm sure people can find some interesting trails in those venues and, you never know, a few more people might turn up. The sessions are really good fun. See you soon.

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 26 May 2018 20:11 #13459

• Graham Brown
Hi folks, don't forget our weekly Monday evening mountain bike rides. They are slow, friendly, social and not too technical for anyone who is a bit worried about coming along. We meet 19.00 at the bridge at the Dunblane end of Bridge of Allan. The more the merrier.

Liverpool have just equalised! game on! Spoke too soon. Bale just scored for Real!

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 25 May 2018 09:09 #13439

• Graham Brown
Don't know who posted the article below but it's rather irrelevant! Could it be one of Richard's jokes?!

Anyway, this is relevant - it's Friday again and anyone who wants to ride with a friendly, social group around the trails of Cambusbarron and North Third meet this evening 19.00 at Cambusbarron Community Centre. Hope to see a few there. It's going to be another gorgeous evening!

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 16 May 2018 07:40 #13374

• Jacob FitzGerald
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Graham, I'll be there on Friday at Cambusbarron, that's a new area for me. Looking forward to it.

Jacob

Weekly MTB rides 15 May 2018 21:24 #13370

• Graham Brown
Another mountain bike ride this Friday for those who are able to make it. Meet Cambusbarron Community Centre at 19.00. The weather is going to be fantastic again. Hope to see you there.

I ride to drink!

Weekly MTB rides 11 May 2018 18:05 #13343

• Graham Brown
Now that the lighter evenings are well and truly here we are starting the weekly Monday evening mountain bike rides meeting at the bridge at the top end of Bridge of Allan at 19.00, first ride this coming Monday the 14th. Everyone welcome regardless of ability - they are social rides with lots of advice and help given by the more experienced riders.

Also, for those who can't make a Monday or who who want two club rides, there will be a weekly Friday evening ride meeting at The Cambusbarron Community Centre, same time of 19.00 a week today.

All rides will last about two hours. Hope to see you there.

I ride to drink!
  • Page:
Designed by the Club