Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Social MTB ride 29th January

Social MTB ride 29th January 30 Jan 2017 23:33 #9041

• Richard Barton
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 27
These sound great and from what I've heard whilst at the Warriors sessions, I'd be keen to get involved. Only issue I have is that the dates so far I can't attend due to other commitments. I'm keeping my eye out though as I'm sure there will be some dates that I can attend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

The Quest for Singletrack is endless...

Social MTB ride 29th January 29 Jan 2017 19:21 #9034

• Craig Manson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Good ride today Graham. Almost warm by the rest of the week's standards!

Nice to get a chance to explore some new areas. Even if I was looking at some of it upside down from the mud...

Hopefully get some more numbers next time.

Craig

Social MTB ride 29th January 28 Jan 2017 06:41 #9023

• Graham Brown
  • Thank you received: 69
Craig, by "interesting" I mean a bit different and in new locations!. There are some technical bits of course but no more so than a couple of weeks ago. I was out on some of them last night and if I can ride them in the dark, then anyone can! Looking forward to it and it's going to be a nice day.

I ride to drink!

Social MTB ride 29th January 28 Jan 2017 00:17 #9022

• Craig Manson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm going to try and make it along. Though only if your definition of 'interesting' has improved since the Dave Jorgensen ride!

Craig

Social MTB ride 29th January 27 Jan 2017 12:45 #9014

• Elizabeth Clayton
  • Thank you received: 20
Hi Graham,
2 weeks ago, only you posted up to say you were going, and 16 showed up! You've had 130 views, so there is interest! Sounds such a lovely plan I'm tempted to abandon my cyclocross training and 30 min race (half joking!)

Social MTB ride 29th January 27 Jan 2017 10:29 #9012

• Graham Brown
Is there any interest out there for this ride? I don't want to be the only one to turn up at the bench. If not, I'll head over to Aberfoyle with the L5 Warriors. Cheers.

I ride to drink!

Social MTB ride 29th January 26 Jan 2017 20:55 #9009

• Helen Gorman
  • Helen Gorman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Committee
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 18
Just bumping this thread - social ride this Sunday, post up here if you're coming to Graham isn't on his own!!

Social MTB ride 29th January 18 Jan 2017 16:39 #8912

• Graham Brown
Hi there, it's your ride leader here although I'd rather call it "Ride Guide". There are more competent mountain bikers out there who can lead, I'll just tell you where to go!

I'm proposing to meet at the MacRob bench, just up from the MacRobert Centre at 09.45 for a 10.00 start. I'll be riding over but for those who have to drive there is plenty of parking around the campus. I am happy to have 14 year olds and over come along but they must be competent mountain bikers because of the rather technical terrain that we'll encounter and 14 to 16 year olds MUST have an adult with them who is prepared to take full responsibility for them.

I can promise you a range of "interesting" trails some of which you may have ridden before but, maybe, one or two that you haven't or didn't even know existed! It is a social rides so the pace will be moderate but some of the climbs will be testing! We will all stick together and regroup when necessary. Looking forward to seeing whoever turns up on the 29th. You can post up here if you like so that I have an idea of numbers. Ciao.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Helen Gorman

I ride to drink!

Social MTB ride 29th January 16 Jan 2017 20:10 #8893

• Helen Gorman
  • Helen Gorman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Committee
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 18
Many thanks to Graham B for stepping up to lead our first Sunday ride (while Beth and I are racing cyclocross sliding around in a muddy field). Details to be confirmed but possibly it will be around the Mine Woods. All welcome, but just a reminder for any juniors coming along that 16-18 year olds should bring emergency contact info, under 16s should bring a chaperone and under 12s are allowed with a chaperone but check with Graham first.

• Page:
Designed by the Club