Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dave J BBQ - 20th August 2022 30 Jul 2022 06:48 #17864

• Norrie Petrie
  • Norrie Petrie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 7
Members,

This year's Dave Jorgensen memorial ride and BBQ is on Saturday 20th August, from the Memorial Hall, Aberfoyle. The Memorial Hall is on the left, around 200 m along the start of the Duke’s Pass road. Please park in the car park off Main Street in Aberfoyle – there is very little parking available at the Hall.

THERE WILL BE NO RIDES FROM THE PEAK on the 20th and it would be great to have another massive turn out in remembrance of Dave. Please bring donations for Strathcarron Hospice, a fantastic charitable hospice that our community is very lucky to have. I will be cooking burgers and sausages in readiness of the returning groups.

In addition to burgers and sausages, (with veggie options available), there will be cans of juice and maybe a cake or two to refuel you after your ride.

The rides will set off at 1000 and we will have MTB groups, as well as road groups. These rides will be organised via Spond as usual, so please sign up for them using the app.

I’m sure the road, MTB and, given the new found fame of Gravelfoyle, gravel reps will be posting details about the rides soon.

We would really appreciate if a couple of volunteers can help us pack up at the end of the event. (Just returning chairs and tables etc.)

If you are coming along to join a ride, (you are welcome to bring friends and family along too, we always extend this day beyond club members), please post an indication of your party size below, so we can cater accordingly. The day is to show support for a great cause and in remembrance of a Stirling Bike Club member who was everything you could ever ask for in a club mate. Please encourage as many as possible to come along and please wear your SBC kit with pride to remember Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Scobie (Scoobs), Chi kong Cham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club