Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 20 Jun 2015 12:20 #2443

• Graeme Matheson
  • Thank you received: 9
Some more pics of the Castle Crit -

here

I'll upload some more later

G

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Graeme Matheson.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 19 Jun 2015 13:53 #2427

• David Lindsay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
How flattering

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 19 Jun 2015 12:46 #2424

• Sam Shaw
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

David Lindsay wrote: Great stuff - the series of pics of the crash in the E/1/2/3 shows nicely what a huge pile-up it was!

I think it might pinch the one of me smiling - not got many of those :)

There's also this awesome one with some Crazy Dave eyes!

onedrive.live.com/?id=F49C59F5444E1598%2128060&cid=F49C59F5444E1598&group=0&parId=F49C59F5444E1598%2127403&authkey=%21AOSYmSyBQJ2XPvw&o=OneUp

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 19 Jun 2015 11:50 #2423

• Graeme Matheson
great pics Gary!

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 19 Jun 2015 11:25 #2422

• David Lindsay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Great stuff - the series of pics of the crash in the E/1/2/3 shows nicely what a huge pile-up it was!

I think it might pinch the one of me smiling - not got many of those :)

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 19 Jun 2015 10:51 #2420

• Garry Monhan
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have uploaded some photos from the day. These have not been filtered so there are lots that are not very good.

http://1drv.ms/1L5rY5y

Garry

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 15 Jun 2015 21:34 #2391

• Norrie Petrie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Helen,
I've just uploaded them to here: www.dropbox.com/sh/2i4zmkx2crm0p6v/AAAyEQyCV0a5aJ4ksX8PT6C3a?dl=0
Norrie

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 15 Jun 2015 21:09 #2390

• Helen Gorman
  • Committee
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 21
Cool, thanks! It was a fab day - both marshalling and riding! Didn't realise how sore my legs were until I went for a run this evening...

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 15 Jun 2015 20:55 #2388

• David Lindsay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Results for the Braes are up on the BC website so I imagine CutC results will be on tomorrow.

MyLaps have the results for all races except the women and men's E/1/2/3 - there was a small glitch in the remote timing up at the castle but that should be corrected very soon, so they'll be up there at some point as well.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 15 Jun 2015 20:36 #2386

• Helen Gorman
  • Committee
  • Committee
Anyone know where the results can be found? Chris and I need to compare notes on who came furthest from last in our respective races...!

I've searched the BC website and while CUTC is listed under their results section it doesn't seem to actually have the results on it...

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 14 Jun 2015 20:31 #2380

• Catriona Denny
  • Thank you received: 18
If anyone is contacted about a wheel left behind today let me know as I have it.

Catriona

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 13 Jun 2015 19:37 #2376

• David Lindsay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Updated marshal pack available here:

www.dropbox.com/s/vvd3nozk5ppvykz/CutC%202015%20Marshal%20Pack.pdf?dl=0

We've added a few more marshals.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 12 Jun 2015 20:52 #2371

• David Lindsay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The Marshal Pack for Crit Under The Castle has just gone out to everyone who has volunteered. It can also be downloaded from this DropBox link:

www.dropbox.com/s/vvd3nozk5ppvykz/CutC%202015%20Marshal%20Pack.pdf?dl=0

Regards

Dave

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 12 Jun 2015 16:36 #2370

• Lesley Yarrow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dave I hav offered for marshaling and had expected just to be there for the duration so whatever needs doing that's fine.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 12 Jun 2015 09:05 #2368

• David Lindsay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Lesley, I will try to get marshal packs for Crit Under The Castle out tonight but all the posts are still not finalised. So it may have to wait til Saturday evening.

Everyone who has offered *will* be given something to do - we need everyone's help to pull this off.

In this respect, we STILL need to fill a few roles. These are all related to marshalling the finish up to the castle. This is only in use for the women's race and the men's E/1/2/3 race, and so we only need people here from around 7 - 9 pm. If you can help out, please let me know.

Any offers of help during the day will also be well received!

Regards

Dave

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 12 Jun 2015 08:55 #2367

• Derek Ditty
  • Derek Ditty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Should have said i still need 1 more marshal for both races to cover the Thornhill junction if possible

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 12 Jun 2015 08:48 #2366

• Derek Ditty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Folks I'm just looking for half a helper :woohoo: as a wheel changer for service 1 car in the afternoon race if anyone's available from approximately 11:30 through till 16:00.

Cheers
Derek

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 12 Jun 2015 06:00 #2365

• Lesley Yarrow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Anyone know if an email or post will come out to tell us our jobs for the day ? Also what help is needed for set up???

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 12 Jun 2015 05:55 #2364

• Helen Gorman
  • Committee
  • Committee
Fraser - I might cycle over with you anyway. Have DM'ed you my mobile number.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 11 Jun 2015 23:18 #2363

• Stuart Gordon
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Crit Under Castle. I have pass once chores done :angry: . Can be there from 10:30am.
What time is course being set-up? Might have some time to lug barriers before I need to sort out domestic stuff.
Stuart.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 11 Jun 2015 21:20 #2360

• Neil Mcleod
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Wheel changer? Eek
Better get practicing!

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 11 Jun 2015 21:18 #2359

• Ray Glass
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Dave, I'm happy to help out for Crit Under The Castle. Not Marshalled before but happy to give it ago. R.glass0613 at BT Internet . com

Last edit: by Colin Chisholm. Reason: Email add. Spaced out

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 11 Jun 2015 21:17 #2358

• Fraser Stewart
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Helen - no worries. I am happy to cycle over (it'll be my only opportunity to stretch me legs) - thanks for the offer. Good luck to Chris for the race. See you in Calendar on Saturday.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 11 Jun 2015 19:25 #2354

• Helen Gorman
  • Committee
  • Committee
Fraser - Chris is racing at 9 so we'll probably drive over from Dunblane together if you want a lift? We can put Chris's bike in the car and yours and mine on top, and then Chris can drive home when he's completely grubbed from the race and we can cycle home later! :)

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 11 Jun 2015 16:30 #2352

• Fraser Stewart
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Del - probably being a dunce :oops: but I don't have your email. I am on fraser_stewart at outlook . com

Last edit: by Colin Chisholm. Reason: Email add. Spaced out

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 11 Jun 2015 14:27 #2350

• Derek Ditty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
OK folks I'm just looking for 1 and a half wheel changers now, anyone capable ?? its not difficult job Campag and Shimano 9 & 10 speed can run no problem on both platforms ie can be interchanged the only part to be careful with is 11 speed it cant be swapped. Apart from that anyone that can take a wheel on and off is capable of doing the job even leadbetter can do it :woohoo:

jobs have changed a little, folks moved and some new ones added, Fraser and all helpers if you can e-mail me i'll send you the helpers docs for you to read first, all marshals that are new will be with someone experienced.

Job description Helper name
Course Set up Derek Ditty
Course Strip down Derek Ditty
Sign On Katherine Wren
Sign On Grant Speed
Sign On Martin Lees / Garry Monhan
Catering Lynne Kelly
Catering Angela Maxwell
Marshal A Bottom junction of mini braes start of big braes David Lindsey Both Races
Marshal A Bottom junction of mini braes start of big braes Christene Fischer Both Races
Marshal B Deanston Road junction Helen Gorman Both Races
Marshal B Deanston Road junction Fraser Stewart Both Races
Marshal C junction at start of Mini Braes Andrew Abbess Both Races
Marshal C junction at start of Mini Braes Alistair Abbess Both Races
Marshal D / K Rob Roy Roundabout then Bottom on Braes of Greenock Decent Ros Carey Both Races
Marshal D / K Rob Roy Roundabout then Bottom on Braes of Greenock Decent Steve Carey Both Races
Marshal E / I / J Ballat Toll then Finish line for Race 1, Ballat Toll then hill prime for race 2 Archie Johnstone Both Races
Marshal E / I / J Ballat Toll then Finish line for Race 1, Ballat Toll then hill prime for race 2 Jim Murray Both Races
Marshal F Kippen Roundabout John Rooney Both Races
Marshal F Kippen Roundabout Liam Miller Both Races
Marshal I First Race main finishing judge, second race hill prime main judge Jim Tierney Hill Prime Judge
Marshal G The Frews Juction between kippen round about and thornhill - then thornhill to watch the race David Martin Both Races
Marshal H Thornhill Main Street Nigel Brooks Both Races
Marshal H Thornhill Main Street Alistair Scott Both Races
First Aid Car Margaret Lees
First Aid Car Graeme Hay
Service 1 wheel changer Neil MacLeod only in the morning race
Service 2 wheel changer

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 11 Jun 2015 11:44 #2349

• David Lindsay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi all,

Re Crit Under The Castle on Sunday - we are getting there, but really need another 10 volunteers for course marshal positions to make sure we the course is safely covered. Please post up if you can spare some time on Sunday.

Dave

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 11 Jun 2015 06:57 #2348

• Douglas Telfer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Del

Ideal looking at the timings myself and Graeme will be with you in Callander for 8am sharp! Yes Graeme that's 8am sharp. Del he has been told!

Oh and mines a roll and sausage. Not fussed links or square is fine wae plenty tomato sauce. Magic!

Dougie

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 23:09 #2346

• Katherine Wren
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Derek,

Can't see David Martin's name on the list. He's happy to help marshall ans I think he'd emailed Dave L. Obviously "lost in the post" somewhere!

Katherine

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 22:00 #2345

• Nigel brooks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
thanks Derek, only sausages (run out of macaroni pies)

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 19:26 #2340

• Fraser Stewart
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Derek, I will cycle up from Dunblane to the hall for 8am no problem. As first time helper a wee bit of guidance on duties would be good. Looking forward to it.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 18:08 #2339

• Liam Miller
  • Thank you received: 0
Derek, PM'd you re. helping on Sat.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 16:31 #2333

• Derek Ditty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Nigel, What have you been putting in your tea :woohoo:
Riders will be coming up from The Kippen roundabout towards Thornhill, its hard to say at what time they will get there, I'd estimate around 10:00 on the first race and maybe 13:25 on the second race, so many variables like wind direction, traffic, the will to race etc. its tough to estimate, look at the pro races the organisers get the timings wrong all the time, we have all seen the level crossing etc :)

E123 race
ridewithgps.com/routes/6938708

3/4 race
ridewithgps.com/routes/6938452

Last edit: by Derek Ditty.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 16:12 #2332

• Nigel brooks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
derek sorry if ive missed it but couldyou post up the routes please just to get rough idea when the y w ill be through Thornhill and from which direction (i ought to know this)

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 11:38 #2328

• Liam Miller
Spot on, many thanks Derek!

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 11:34 #2327

• Derek Ditty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Liam, glad you have come back mate! i'll take your offer and put you on the kippen roundabout for the big loop along with John Rooney, times on the day are as follows,

I still need 2 service wheel changers and 1 more marshal

Race 1 starts at 09:00 and should be finished by 11:00
Race 2 Starts at 12:30 and should be finished by 15:45

Helpers arrive at the hall at the following times
Sign on helpers - 07:30
Car convoy Drivers and helpers - 08:00
Marshals - 08:00
Catering - 08:30 (but can be later)

Address
McLaren Community Leisure Centre
Mollands Road
Callander
Perthshire
FK17 8JP

Tel: 01877 330 000
Web: www.mclarenleisure.co.uk

Sign On Katherine Wren
Sign On Grant Speed
Sign On Garry Monhan
Catering Lynne Kelly
Catering Angela Maxwell
Marshal A Bottom junction of mini braes start of big braes David Lindsey Both Races
Marshal A Bottom junction of mini braes start of big braes Christene Fischer Both Races
Marshal D / K Rob Roy Roundabout then Bottom on Braes of Greenock Decent Ros Carey Both Races
Marshal D / K Rob Roy Roundabout then Bottom on Braes of Greenock Decent Steve Carey Both Races
Marshal E / I / J Ballat Toll then Finish line for Race 1, Ballat Toll then hill prime for race 2 Archie Johnston Both Races
Marshal E / I / J Ballat Toll then Finish line for Race 1, Ballat Toll then hill prime for race 2 Jim Murray Both Races
Marshal F Kippen Roundabout Liam Miller Both Races
Marshal I First Race main finishing judge, second race hill prime main judge Jim Tierney Hill Prime Judge
Marshal G The Frews Juction between kippen round about and thornhill Both Races
Marshal H Thornhill Main Street Alistair Scott Both Races
First Aid Car Neil MacLeod
First Aid Car Graeme Hay
Service 1 wheel changer
Service 2 wheel changer

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 11:02 #2326

• Liam Miller
Derek

Been away from the club for a good 7 years now, signed back up yesterday. Could give a dig out on Saturday, bit new to it though so if someone was to keep me right i could marshal perhaps? Obviously not got any SBC attire if was required.

Cheers

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 11:01 #2325

• Derek Ditty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
OK I'm just looking for 3 more marshals and 2 wheel changers

Sign On Katherine Wren
Sign On Grant Speed
Sign On Garry Monhan
Catering Lynne Kelly
Catering Angela Maxwell
Marshal E / I / J Ballat Toll then Finish line for Race 1, Ballat Toll then hill prime for race 2 Archie Johnston Both Races
Marshal F Kippen Roundabout Both Races
Marshal G The Frews Juction between kippen round about and thornhill Both Races
Marshal H Thornhill Main Street Both Races
First Aid Car Graeme Hay
Service 1 wheel changer
Service 2 wheel changer

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 10:55 #2323

• Derek Ditty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Lynn Sold! your on for Catering

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 10:45 #2321

• David Lindsay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sally - thanks for the offer of help - I've PMed you.

All - we still need a few more helpers for Sunday, in addition to the couple of jobs Derek has to fill for Saturday.

We're going to have great weather both days, and it's going to be an amazing advert for the Scottish road racing scene *and* for how great SBC is - but we need a few more people to help make it all run smoothly!

Cheers

Dave

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 10:25 #2320

• Lynne Kelly
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Derek,

I won't be back in time to do any baking but can help Angela with catering on the day if that's any help.

Lynne

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 Jun 2015 10:04 #2319

• Derek Ditty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Folks,

I'm still short on helper for the Braes race on Saturday, if you can help at all i need the following jobs filled, please let me know if there are more helpers

2 x sign on helpers
1 x catering
3 x Course Marshals
2 x super fast wheel changers

here the list so far

Helper name Helping with?
Sign On Katherine Wren
Sign On
Sign On
Catering
Catering Angela Maxwell
Marshal A Bottom junction of mini braes start of big braes David Lindsay Both Races
Marshal B Deanston Road juction Helen Gorman Both Races
Marshal B Deanston Road juction Fraser Stewart Both Races
Marshal C Junction at start of Mini Braes Andrew Abbess Both Races
Marshal C Junction at start of Mini Braes Alistair Abbess Both Races
Marshal F Kippen Roundabout Both Races
Marshal G The Frews Junction between kippen round about and thornhill Both Races
Marshal H Thornhill Main Street Both Races
First Aid Car Graeme Hay
Service 1 wheel changer
Service 2 wheel changer

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 09 Jun 2015 21:58 #2315

• JimTierney
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Met Sandy Taylor at Birds and Bees tonight and he is happy to Marshall on Sunday.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 09 Jun 2015 19:58 #2314

• David Lindsay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
We still need another 10 or 15 volunteers. This is a huge day for the club - please do consider giving up your time to join many others in helping to make this a great day.

Post up or email me if you can help (I'm emailing the members again shortly).

Cheers

Dave

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 08 Jun 2015 19:45 #2296

• Norrie Petrie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The Race Pack for Crit Under The Castle can be seen here: www.dropbox.com/s/k0r5snr6c0brv6a/2015%20Rider%20Pack.pdf?dl=0
Some seriously strong fields!
Norrie

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 08 Jun 2015 18:35 #2295

• alistair fenemore
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Derek,

apologies, but need to work at the weekend, so am no longer able to help out on Saturday.

Cheers,

Alistair

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 08 Jun 2015 13:10 #2292

• Sally Baillie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Derek, Dave,
Have never helped with anything like this before so it's all new to me. Can help out on Sunday from 2-3 onwards if that is any use.
Sally ( might have a couple of little helpers with me)

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 08 Jun 2015 10:11 #2291

• David Lindsay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks to everyone for their offers of help so far - both on here and via email.

We are still way short of people to help out at Crit Under The Castle on Sunday. If you can spare some time, please post up here or reply to my email that went out to the membership.

Thanks in advance

Dave

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 08 Jun 2015 08:38 #2290

• Rosalind Carey
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Derek,
Steve and I can both help on Saturday,
Ros

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 06 Jun 2015 20:23 #2282

• Christine Fischer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi there,

I can help out on Saturday. Sign on or whatever else needs doing.

Christine

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 05 Jun 2015 21:23 #2269

• Lorna Denny
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
I can help out on Sunday. Should be available all day.
Lorna

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 05 Jun 2015 17:42 #2265

• John Rooney
  • Thank you received: 40
Hi Derek, David

I'm available both days. Happy to start early on Saturday also.
(although for Braes I'm not keen on wheel changer role).

John

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 05 Jun 2015 13:33 #2263

• Derek Lambie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
David, dropped you an email.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 05 Jun 2015 07:52 #2258

• Catriona Denny
  • Thank you received: 18
I can help out on Sunday. As Alistair will be there all day I can't do too long a stint as I need to come home and walk the dogs. I could do a split shift if necessary!
Derek, I'm struggling on the Saturday with other things happening but let me know if you want me to hand in some baking.

Catriona

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 05 Jun 2015 05:59 #2255

• Steve Field
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sign me up for Sunday.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 04 Jun 2015 20:53 #2250

• Jason Graham
  • Thank you received: 6
I can help on Sunday until about 3pm.
Soz can't do more

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 04 Jun 2015 20:51 #2249

• Owen Philipson
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I can do the social media work on the Sunday again as discussed Norrie.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 03 Jun 2015 15:51 #2228

• Colin Chisholm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 69
Norrie, I'm also good for helping out on Sunday, not to sure about the Saturday just yet..

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 03 Jun 2015 07:57 #2220

• Graeme Hay
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sorry for getting back late Derek but this weekend a problem one in the Hay household...
I can help with First Aid for both the Braes races.
I'm not sure about the Sunday yet

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 02 Jun 2015 18:35 #2215

• David Langlands
Hi Norrie
Available all day Saturday - as early as you require help- barriers or whatever - then for marshalling. [ As I live on the circuit Park Av/ Glebe mini roundabout location would be ideal for my elderly bladder] . My wife would also be available
Dave langlands

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 02 Jun 2015 11:40 #2213

• Derek Ditty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks all,

I'm working to get all the helpers on board today for the Braes race and help Dave Lindsay and Norrie with folks that can help out both days for the Crit race too.

DD

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 01 Jun 2015 21:59 #2212

• Nigel brooks
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I can help, will be cycling in so nothing too early please and need to get some miles in on way home

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 26 May 2015 20:52 #2131

• Fraser Stewart
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I can help out on Saturday 13th June.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 May 2015 20:57 #1938

• Helen Gorman
  • Committee
  • Committee
Sign me up for whatever needs done both days!

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 May 2015 20:35 #1934

• Norrie Petrie
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks Jim. I've got Jackie down to work with Graeme M in organising medal presentations and assisting with sign on

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 10 May 2015 20:27 #1933

• JimTierney
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Put Jackie Smith down for the Sunday Norrie.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 09 May 2015 17:18 #1913

• alistair fenemore
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Derek,

not done any marshalling before, but happy to help out on the 13th if there is someone who can show me the ropes!!

Cheers,

Alistair

Last edit: by alistair fenemore.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 07 May 2015 21:42 #1886

• Lesley Yarrow
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Happy to Marshall at crit under the castle. Also a first aider now if that helps. Cannot commit to the braes as well unless you are desperate for marshalls. Will do leaflet drop for crit tomorrow

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 05 May 2015 10:12 #1835

• Colin Chisholm
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 69
Del, happy to help out on Saturday and/or Sunday if not busy with BC.

See you on Wednesday evening

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 04 May 2015 21:38 #1832

• Lynne Kelly
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Derek,

Should have an email from me, happy to help out at both,

Cheers,
Lynne

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 04 May 2015 21:03 #1831

• Katherine Wren
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Derek,

You've had an email from me re CutC. Sign-on is probably about all I can offer for the Braes as will need to be home by midday and will obviously have to cycle out. I'm assuming HQ is Callander?

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 04 May 2015 20:18 #1830

• Neil Mcleod
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Del

Happy to help out on the day at the Braes
I've got my first aid through the club as well
Will be at the Wed night meeting in the bees
Cheers
Neil

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 04 May 2015 20:11 #1829

• Graeme Matheson
Delster, you should still have my details for the role at the BofB and Norries given me a role at the Castle Crit so I'm all volunteered out mate!

G

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 04 May 2015 19:18 #1827

• Douglas Telfer
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Del

Required details for my nominated role passed to Norrie. Looking forward to it.

Dougie

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 04 May 2015 18:29 #1824

• JimTierney
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Do you need people at the finish? If yes put me down.

June 13th and 14th 2015 Stirling Bike Club Festival of Cycling - Battle of the Braes & Crit under the Castle 04 May 2015 12:33 #1817

• Derek Ditty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Saturday June 13th 2015
This year’s installment of the Battle of the Braes race will see 2 road races on the day, Male Senior and Junior Cat 3/4 and Women of all categories, Starting at 9am this will surely be a tough test on what seems to be a short course, the route only being 38 miles is designed to have an even start on rolling terrain but with a single accent of the Mini Braes Climb from the Thornhill side and a full on attacking accent of the Braes of Greenock climb to the finish line will bring out the tough Rouleur’s and the climbers to sort out who's best.

New for Stirling Bike Club this year is a step up to a National B level race this was added to the calendar to bolster the East of Scotland and Scottish Cycling calendar of events for our top Scottish Amateurs. Using the same course but increasing the miles and accents of the Braes to 72 miles this will take in 3 full laps of the smaller circuit finishing on the 4th accent of the Braes of Greenock climb. This is going to be a tough day possibly with breaks trying to establish early in the race, with 4000 feet of total climbing for the day it’s likely to be a race for the opportunist or the pure climber.

Along with the Crit under the Castle on Sunday the 14th this will be a huge weekend of events for Stirling Bike Club, It would be fantastic to get as many club members to line the course of the smaller circuit and cheers these races on that is though if you have more time then come and help us out we badly need more folks help us run these events!.

For the Braes race I need as many Marshall's as possible, I'll even give you a packed lunch to keep you going :woohoo: , Crit under the Castle will be similar and need more Marshals too in the region of 100!

Both races need the following helpers

Sign on staff

Catering to help and to make any kindly donated cakes sandwiches etc.

Second persons in the Lead cars and wheel changers for the neutral service cars (just for the Braes road race)

First aid qualified helpers

A good photographer

And someone to help with Tweeting / social media

PM me if you can help, this is going to be a huge weekend for SBC.

• Page:
Designed by the Club