Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
03 Aug 2019
Only 1 week now to this year’s edition of the Dave J memorial ride. Extended welcome as always to members, family and friends. Please confirm interest via the following forum post.

www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/forum/general-chat/3331-dave-j-bbq-and-rides-24th-august-2019
  • Page:

TOPIC: Aspire Channel Challenge - Spinal Injuries Unit

Aspire Channel Challenge - Spinal Injuries Unit 10 Oct 2017 14:15 #11688

• Archie J
  • Archie J's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Aspire Channel Swim Challenge

Question – how do you get your daughter back into swimming after a good number of years away from national level competition and then having a family?

Answer – you foolishly challenge her to swim the English Channel (or at least the equivalent distance) with you and raise money for charity at the same time.

So with the last couple of weeks seeing us both in the pool regularly and now nearly 11 miles across the 22 mile distance – Lisa and I would ask if anyone would like to support the Spinal Injuries Charity that this swim is helping raise funds for. We all know someone that could benefit whether fellow rider or not.

I know many of you give and also raise money for various charities and realise this is yet another ask.

I know of the 3 Leòdhasaich that have just completed the Flannan Isles Swim and a certain SBC female athlete who joined them for the St Kilda to Lewis swim so under a bit of pressure to complete this especially as its in a 'warm cosy pool' as they said! (The Peak is not always warm :( )

So, continuing in the warm cosy pool and rejecting any notion of open water swimming - any help will be gratefully received. Info on the challenge is in the links below.

Aspire Channel Challenge - www.aspirechannelswim.co.uk/the-challenge

Just Giving Page - www.justgiving.com/fundraising/lisa-russell-2017-channel-swim-22305

Regards

Archie and Lisa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Designed by the Club