Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
03 Aug 2019
Only 1 week now to this year’s edition of the Dave J memorial ride. Extended welcome as always to members, family and friends. Please confirm interest via the following forum post.

www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/index.php/forum/general-chat/3331-dave-j-bbq-and-rides-24th-august-2019
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rhona and Jenny step up to British Cycling Senior Academy

Rhona and Jenny step up to British Cycling Senior Academy 02 Oct 2017 19:31 #11655

• Graham Brown
  • Thank you received: 78
Brilliant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I ride to drink!

Rhona and Jenny step up to British Cycling Senior Academy 02 Oct 2017 17:21 #11651

• James Tierney
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 121
It has been amazing to watch them grow up and continue to progress!
All that hard work rewarded!

Rhona and Jenny step up to British Cycling Senior Academy 02 Oct 2017 15:45 #11650

• Nigel Holl
  • Nigel Holl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 6
Apologies if this is "old news", but the club are and have been so supportive to Jenny and Rhona as they progress, I want to thank you all again.

It can now be talked about openly - Jenny and Rhona moved to Manchester this weekend and have started their "boot camp" with British Cycling as the induction for the Senior Academy. So they are both full time cyclists now - with a fantastically exciting set of opportunities open to them in the next year - hopefully upto 3 years.

It is astonishing that two Stirling Bike Club members have progressed to this level together- a pretty unique story, and one that has it's foundations in the Warriors and with the inspiration from coaches right at the start. So as a club - you are all part of this journey they are both on - and I hope the club is part of those SBC members who aspire to follow them and compete - locally, nationally, internationally in the future.

So thank you - everyone. From coaching, to conversations on club rides, to support at Chaingang sessions, to help with kit loans etc - you've played a part in the journey thus far.

Cheers and thank you (from a hugely jealous Dad!)

• Page:
Designed by the Club