Craig Brown
Christina Mackenzie
Graeme Cook
Stuart Thomson
Oz and Scott aka Jack and Victor
Gary and Louise Longhurst
Kevin Cave
Graeme Gilchrist & Marti Murray
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 14 Aug 2017 17:10 #11171

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker
Chris Pendlebury
Lynne Kelly
Garry Monhan
Archie J
Jake, Jo & Alex Speed
Ray Ingles
Fraser Purves
Craig Brown
Christina Mackenzie
Graeme Cook
Stuart Thomson
Kevin Cave

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 14 Aug 2017 14:40 #11170

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker
Chris Pendlebury
Lynne Kelly
Garry Monhan
Archie J
Jake, Jo & Alex Speed
Ray Ingles
Fraser Purves
Craig Brown
Christina Mackenzie
Graeme Cook
Stuart Thomson

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 13 Aug 2017 20:31 #11160

This years Dave J. BBQ is on 26th August at the Scout Hut, Loch Venachar, (Take the first exit signed Invertrossachs from the mini roundabout on the A81 as you enter Callander from Thornhill / Aberfoyle direction and keep going for approx. 2.5 miles and the Scout Hut is on the right.) Parking is tight, so PLEASE PARK CONSIDERATELY AND LAWFULLY. There is very little parking t or near the hut and I would recommend cycling over or parking in Callander and cycle up.

THERE WILL BE NO RIDES FROM THE PEAK on the 26th and it would be great to have another massive turn out in remembrance of Dave. Please bring donations for Strathcarron Hospice, a fantastic charitable hospice that our community is very lucky to have. I will in turn cook you a lovely burger or two!

In addition to burgers and sausages, (with veggie options available), there will be cans of juice and maybe a cake or two to refuel you after your ride.
The rides will set off at 1000hrs and we will have MTB groups, as well as road groups.

I am, as per previous years, dedicating myself to chef duties. We do need some helpers to lead out our rides on and off road. If you can assist, please add your name below.

If you are coming along to join a ride, (you are welcome to bring friends and family along too, we always extend this day beyond club members), please post an indication of your party size below, so I can cater accordingly. You can pick your group on the morning. The day is to show support for a great cause and in remembrance of a Stirling Bike Club member who was everything you could ever ask for in a club. Please encourage as many as possible to come along and please wear your SBC kit with pride to remember Dave.

BBQ Duties
Alexander Eady-Brown

Ride Leaders
MTB easy / social:
MTB middle pace: Graham Brown
Road development: Grant Speed,
Road intermediate: Andy Scobie,
Road middle: Sharon Walthew-Stewart,
Road tempo: David MacDonald,
Road fast: Greame Cook

If we have over sized groups, we will split up accordingly on the day. Please be at the hut for 0945hrs and ready to leave for 1000hrs. (We will stagger start each group by a few minutes.)
Distances and speeds will be in line with previous years and we can discuss this once we see the weather forecast nearer the time. All our usual club rules and ethos apply!
If you are under 18 please read the club under 18 rider policy & procedures
www.stirlingbikeclub.org.uk/docs/sbc_u18_policy.doc

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker
Chris Pendlebury
Lynne Kelly
Garry Monhan
Archie J
Jake, Jo & Alex Speed
Ray Ingles
Fraser Purves
Craig Brown
Christina Mackenzie
Graeme Cook
Stuart Thomson

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 13 Aug 2017 07:19 #11157

Christina Mackenzie wrote:
This years Dave J. BBQ is on 26th August at the Scout Hut, Loch Venachar, (Take the first exit signed Invertrossachs from the mini roundabout on the A81 as you enter Callander from Thornhill / Aberfoyle direction and keep going for approx. 2.5 miles and the Scout Hut is on the right.) Parking is tight, so PLEASE PARK CONSIDERATELY AND LAWFULLY. There is very little parking t or near the hut and I would recommend cycling over or parking in Callander and cycle up.

THERE WILL BE NO RIDES FROM THE PEAK on the 26th and it would be great to have another massive turn out in remembrance of Dave. Please bring donations for Strathcarron Hospice, a fantastic charitable hospice that our community is very lucky to have. I will in turn cook you a lovely burger or two!

In addition to burgers and sausages, (with veggie options available), there will be cans of juice and maybe a cake or two to refuel you after your ride.
The rides will set off at 1000hrs and we will have MTB groups, as well as road groups.

I am, as per previous years, dedicating myself to chef duties. We do need some helpers to lead out our rides on and off road. If you can assist, please add your name below.

If you are coming along to join a ride, (you are welcome to bring friends and family along too, we always extend this day beyond club members), please post an indication of your party size below, so I can cater accordingly. You can pick your group on the morning. The day is to show support for a great cause and in remembrance of a Stirling Bike Club member who was everything you could ever ask for in a club. Please encourage as many as possible to come along and please wear your SBC kit with pride to remember Dave.

BBQ Duties
Alexander Eady-Brown

Ride Leaders
MTB easy / social:

If we have over sized groups, we will split up accordingly on the day. Please be at the hut for 0945hrs and ready to leave for 1000hrs. (We will stagger start each group by a few minutes.)
Distances and speeds will be in line with previous years and we can discuss this once we see the weather forecast nearer the time. All our usual club rules and ethos apply!

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker
Chris Pendlebury
Lynne Kelly
Garry Monhan
Archie J
Jake, Jo & Alex Speed
Ray Ingles
Fraser Purves
Craig Brown
Christina Mackenzie
Graeme Cook
Stuart Thomson

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 11 Aug 2017 11:16 #11136

• Graeme Cook
  • Thank you received: 21
Hi Norrie, I'll be there and am happy to lead fast group.
Plan to ride over from stirling

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 11 Aug 2017 08:48 #11131

Chris Pendlebury wrote:
I'll be there!
Just a party of 1 this year as Helen's at a cx race.
I'll be keen to try to turn it into a 100 miler from Stirling / Dunblane, if the weathers right for that!
C

I'd be up for that :)

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 11 Aug 2017 08:46 #11130

BBQ Duties
Alexander Eady-Brown

Ride Leaders
MTB easy / social:

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker
Chris Pendlebury
Lynne Kelly
Garry Monhan
Archie J
Jake, Jo & Alex Speed
Ray Ingles
Fraser Purves
Craig Brown
Christina Mackenzie
Graeme Cook
Last Edit: 12 Aug 2017 12:52 by Andrew Abbess.

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 09 Aug 2017 11:49 #11106

• Andrew Abbess
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 9
can I remind everybody of the SBC "Under 18 on all age rides policy and procedures" :-

If you have not taken your under 18 rider out on a club ride before do please read it. Any questions please ask

I really want to flag up that if your rider is under 16 you need to ride with them or arrange a chaperone to ride with them - The chaperone must be happy to make sure your child is okay for food & drink help with mechanicals and if the child is unable to complete the ride does not abandon them but gets them back to safety. The chaperone must be somebody other than the ride leader. So its not like a Thursday night coaching session where you can arrive and leave your warrior with the coaches. The coaches/ride leaders will be leading rides but yourself or other responsible adults (who you have made arrangements with) need to be taking responsibility (chaperoning) the youngsters under 16.

There is also a very family friendly route that Eileen took our 2 children when they were very small (pre warriors) along the edge of the loch from the scout hut. Its 4 miles out and back and has lots of opportunities for throwing stones into the loch. We may or may not have a ride leader for this one but if you have small children you may want to buddy up with other families for a potter here it is
www.strava.com/routes/3140457
When I was a boy of 14 my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21 I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years. Mark Twain.

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 08 Aug 2017 21:09 #11100

BBQ Duties
Alexander Eady-Brown

Ride Leaders
MTB easy / social:
Road fast:

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker
Chris Pendlebury
Lynne Kelly
Garry Monhan
Archie J
Jake, Jo & Alex Speed
Ray Ingles
Fraser Purves
Craig Brown
Last Edit: 09 Aug 2017 11:50 by Andrew Abbess.

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 08 Aug 2017 20:42 #11097

• Fraser Purves
  • Thank you received: 1
Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker
Chris Pendlebury
Lynne Kelly
Garry Monhan
Archie J
Jake, Jo & Alex Speed
Ray Ingles
Fraser Purves

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 08 Aug 2017 16:11 #11094

• Ray Inglis
  • Thank you received: 2
I hope to be able to make it and am willing to help out if Grant needs someone else for Development group.

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 08 Aug 2017 15:16 #11093

Members,

BBQ Duties
Alexander Eady-Brown

Ride Leaders
MTB easy / social:
Road fast:

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker
Chris Pendlebury
Lynne Kelly
Garry Monhan
Archie J
Jake, Jo & Alex Speed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michelle Gallacher

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 08 Aug 2017 13:05 #11091

• Grant Speed
  • Thank you received: 5
Happy to take out dev ride - Jake likes this one as there are hills to drop me on ( not that it takes a hill anymore) so was thinking we could take a youth development ride out - Warriors to bring a parent each - if there is interest in that then need alternative for dev ride leader.

Jo and Alex will be along as well - not sure about what rides they will do - but be warned Alex likes his burger(s)!

Cheers

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 08 Aug 2017 10:17 #11090

• Archie J
  • Thank you received: 7
Members,

BBQ Duties
Alexander Eady-Brown

Ride Leaders
MTB easy / social:
Road development:
Road intermediate:
Road middle: Sharon Walthew-Stewart
Road tempo: David MacDonald
Road fast:

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker
Chris Pendlebury
Lynne Kelly
Garry Monhan
Archie J

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 08 Aug 2017 09:29 #11089

• Lynne Kelly
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Members,

BBQ Duties
Alexander Eady-Brown

Ride Leaders
MTB easy / social:
Road development:
Road intermediate:
Road middle: Sharon Walthew-Stewart
Road fast:

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker
Chris Pendlebury
Lynne Kelly
Garry Monhan

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 07 Aug 2017 20:47 #11086

Happy to lead middle Group :)

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 07 Aug 2017 19:04 #11083

I'll be there!
Just a party of 1 this year as Helen's at a cx race.
I'll be keen to try to turn it into a 100 miler from Stirling / Dunblane, if the weathers right for that!
C

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 07 Aug 2017 13:26 #11072

Members,

BBQ Duties
Alexander Eady-Brown

Ride Leaders
MTB easy / social:
Road development:
Road intermediate:
Road middle:
Road fast:

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce
Becki & Neil Barker

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 06 Aug 2017 20:18 #11058

Graham Brown wrote:
Members,

BBQ Duties
Alexander Eady-Brown

Ride Leaders
MTB easy / social:
Road development:
Road intermediate:
Road middle:
Road fast:

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
Duncan Bruce.

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 06 Aug 2017 20:16 #11057

Count me in. Thanks
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2017 20:17 by Duncan Bruce.

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 06 Aug 2017 17:15 #11051

• Graham Brown
Members,

BBQ Duties
Alexander Eady-Brown

Ride Leaders
MTB easy / social:
Road development:
Road intermediate:
Road middle:
Road fast:

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Graham Brown
Sandra Eady
Fraser Stewart
Graeme Matheson
I ride to drink!
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2017 17:45 by Norrie Petrie.

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 06 Aug 2017 16:28 #11050

Just a Quick note to say We will defo be there!!!

M&M :)

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 06 Aug 2017 12:45 #11047

I'll be there.

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 06 Aug 2017 11:45 #11046

Count me in.

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 04 Aug 2017 18:45 #11033

No probs, wee will do our best! :)

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 04 Aug 2017 18:03 #11032

• Norrie Petrie
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 24
Hi Michelle,
That's great and I look forward to seeing you both.
No need to bring anything other than a wee donation for Strathcarron Hospice. I'll sort the nosh!
Norrie
Norrie P

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 04 Aug 2017 17:59 #11031

Hi Both myself and Morty hope to be there, he is now a member so have to go easy on him.
Do you need any donations food wise can donate some venison or cakes.

Michelle :)

Dave Jorgensen Memorial BBQ Saturday 26th August 2017 04 Aug 2017 17:32 #11030

• Norrie Petrie
  • Committee
  • Thank you received: 24
Members,

Ride Leaders

MTB easy / social:
MTB middle pace:
Road development:
Road intermediate:
Road middle:
Road fast:

Riders
Michelle G + Morty
Norrie P
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2017 19:38 by Norrie Petrie.
Designed by the Club